News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: 2.0.17 instead of .18 ?

Started by SoftAid, April 07, 2021, 04:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoftAid

Hello,

I try to install the 2.0.18 on our 2.0.17 forum, but I get a warning that ./Sources/Subs.php is not OK.
what can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

SoftAid

SMF forum 2.0.17
Dutch free computer help forum
Always welcome on Oplossing.be :-)

Dzonny

Hello there.

I assume you tried to update it through package manager?

Here's a list of changes in each file:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_2.0.18.tar.gz;smf_version=2.0.17
You can see changes for file Subs.php and try to manually change it. If you manage to do that, then you can continue with update even though there's an error in Subs.php, and then just upload new/updated Subs.php file back to the server.

Please make sure you have a backup of your forum files before doing this.

If you're unconformable with manual file changes, feel free to attach the file here, so we can take a look at it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just click the edit button left side where package manager lists the error, will give you target code and new code.  PM is not finding target code, most likely due to mod edit, but you should be able to find it if you search bits of it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: