News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

tag/bbcode to insert member name in post?

Started by landyvlad, April 12, 2021, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I've seen it done before...

How do I insert the logged in user name into a post please?

For example
if vladtepes was logged in the post would say Hello vladtepes
if michael was logged in the post would say Hello michael

ta
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

landyvlad

Thanks not sur eif working though... doesn;t show my name when Im looking fore example
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

shadav

I think there's a problem with the file uploaded here...I had an issue the last time I tried to install it but wasn't sure if it was just me or not...might help if you mention it in the support thread

you could try the github one: https://github.com/SMFTricks/BBC-You

and if you want to add it to a button on the bbc I uploaded a version for diego to use for smf 2.0.x
https://github.com/SMFTricks/BBC-You/issues/2
I know that one works as it's what I use

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Dzonny

Using it on one of my forums, works nicely for years now...

shadav

the mod was updated and I think something broke....because the new file that's on the download page wouldn't work for me....but when I dug out the previous version from one of my other forums that one worked just fine....
not sure what changed and thought it may have just been me since no one else mentioned anything after my post in the support thread...

Advertisement: