News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Too many robot checks

Started by Jennifer Murphy, April 14, 2021, 02:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer Murphy

It is really necessary to require that I go through the I Am Not A Robot for every post? It's tedious and seems to me unnecessary. I am already logged on. I don't know of another board that does this. And when I tried to post this one I had to go through it 3 times?

shadav

almost any forum has verification checks in place until after a member reaches a certain amount of posts...that's just standard to help deter spammers and bots

not really sure what this has to do with feature requests though...if you don't like it then change the settings in your admin on your forum.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sadly it has been seen as necessary, it will end after some more posts.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Deaks

Quote from: Jennifer Murphy on April 14, 2021, 02:51:23 AM
It is really necessary to require that I go through the I Am Not A Robot for every post? It's tedious and seems to me unnecessary. I am already logged on. I don't know of another board that does this. And when I tried to post this one I had to go through it 3 times?

Due to nature of this site it gets hit daily with spammers so to start with the site is quite strict, as you post more, the restrictions do ease, however these have to be worthwhile posts.  I believe it is currently set at 10 as the first level.  It is annoying but it does prevent ALOT of spam.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

diegolyanky

Why I don't see that? ... I can post normally.

I think your browser security token is corrupted.
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: diegolyanky on April 14, 2021, 09:01:29 AM

Why I don't see that? ... I can post normally.

I think your browser security token is corrupted.
Because you already have 342 accepted posts - We certainly wouldn't want to impose such restrictions on everyone forever.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Not to be unkind, but recaptcha sucks. :P  It's hugely annoying, and difficult to use if your vision's impaired.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

live627

But does it suck as much as the built in verification lettering set to extreme which was in use here?

Sir Osis of Liver

Can't see that either, but it's not as annoying as recaptcha, although a lot less effective.  If it were just for registration wouldn't be so bad, but it's a plague for new members.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: