News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Arabic forums

Started by MohammedFK, April 19, 2021, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MohammedFK

Hello
I am an Arab, but the corner of the Arabic language is deserted.

I'd like some help, please.

1. How I can hide (News) from header.
2. How I Make the topi title H1.
3. How I can Make the registration by activating the e-mail.

Kindred

Q1:  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:News_and_newsletters
two settings
    Enable random news line in the forum header - When this option is enabled, a news item is shown randomly in the forum header each time you refresh the page or navigate through the forum.
    Show news fader on board index - This displays a collapsible news box at the top of the board index. News items are shown here one at a time with a fading effect between each one.

Q2: You'll have to modify your theme template files.   index.template.php for one (to remove the existing H1 tag)
However, I suspect that your're going to have to modify MANY other templates to put an H1 in fopr each page type (because you can't add it to just post.template.php, since that would mean that ONLY your post pages have an H1....

Q3:  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Registration
    Method of registration employed for new members - The type of registration that is set for the forum. The following options are available:
        Immediate Registration - New members can login and post immediately after registering on your forum.
        Email Activation - When this option is enabled any members registering to the forum will have an activation link emailed to them which they must click before they can become full members.
        Admin Approval - This option will make it so all new members registering on your forum will need to be approved by the admin before they become members. Approval must be granted from the administration panel for a registration e-mail to be sent to a new member.
        Registration Disabled - Disables the registration process, which means that no new members can register to join your forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MohammedFK

SIR, I want disable this item (news).

& How I can edit my templates to make my post title H1

shadav

Quote from: MohammedFK on April 19, 2021, 03:35:39 PM
SIR, I want disable this item (news).
you would do the opposite of what kindred posted

in your admin under configuration then under current theme
make sure that these are not checked
Enable random news line in the forum header
(will override news fader if both are enabled):
and
Show news fader on board index
(if random news lines are disabled):

Quote from: MohammedFK on April 19, 2021, 03:35:39 PM& How I can edit my templates to make my post title H1
Quote from: Kindred on April 19, 2021, 01:56:46 PM
Q2: You'll have to modify your theme template files.   index.template.php for one (to remove the existing H1 tag)
However, I suspect that your're going to have to modify MANY other templates to put an H1 in fopr each page type (because you can't add it to just post.template.php, since that would mean that ONLY your post pages have an H1....
you'll need to edit the appropriate template file(s)

by post title, what exactly do you mean? the title on the topic page? as in here the title that says Arabic forums? you would need to edit your themes Display.template.php
for the default theme
find
<h5 id="subject_', $message['id'], '">
<a href="', $message['href'], '" rel="nofollow">', $message['subject'], '</a>
</h5>

replace the h5s with h1

Kindred

***NO*** :P

Don't replace those h5 with h1

you are only allowed one h1 set per page.
those h5 entries are the same for the post heading on the primary post PLUS EVERY RESPONSE....

This is what I meant.... the H1 situation is EXTREMELY complex and may require an edit to pretty much every template -- or a really clever tweak in index.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

Quote from: Kindred on April 19, 2021, 04:17:50 PM
you are only allowed one h1 set per page.
those h5 entries are the same for the post heading on the primary post PLUS EVERY RESPONSE....

:-[ didn't think about that

MohammedFK

QuoteH1: Forums name
H5: Topic title

Is we can make H1 for the Topic title and ignore the Forums name?

I am really very, very sorry for my language,
English is not my mother tongue, I am just trying .. Thank you

Kindred

I think that you need to read what I have been saying one more time.

Changing the heading tag CAN be done.
However, making that change is NOT SIMPLE.
Also, making that change involves much MORE than just the "topic title".

There is no "magic change" in one place that will do what you have asked.
There is nothing we can simply say "change this" -- it is much more complicated.

(from google translate)
يمكن تغيير علامة العنوان.
ومع ذلك ، فإن إجراء هذا التغيير ليس أمرًا بسيطًا.
كما أن إجراء هذا التغيير ينطوي على أكثر بكثير من مجرد "عنوان الموضوع".

لا يوجد "تغيير سحري" في مكان واحد سيفعل ما طلبته.
لا يوجد شيء يمكننا قوله ببساطة "غير هذا" - إنه أكثر تعقيدًا بكثير.
Слaва
Украинi

MohammedFK

Thanks for your cooperation, sir
I made the title for Article H2
Now I just want to make it H1 and that's easy, but it will be forum name + post name = H1 :)

MohammedFK

And, I want make only post title unique, because I get many H2

like this (In simplemachines community)
<H5>: Arabic forums
<H5>: Re: Arabic forums

Kindred

I understand what you want to do.
You THINK it is easy.

I will repeat this...  It is not easy.
It is complicated.
It will involve editing almost every template file (because otherwise the H1 will be working on the post page and would be broken or missing on every other page)
Even changing the first post title to be H1 is not easy -- because the display of posts in a thread are done by a code loop, not individually. **AND** what about the second page of a multi-page thread? The first post of a thread is not normally displayed on the second page.

So - one more time -- this is NOT A SIMPLE THING TO DO.
Слaва
Украинi

MohammedFK

OMG! You mean than SMF is not correct choice?  :'( :'(

Steve

It's not going to be any easier with other forum programs ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

shadav

no he's saying that it is not as easy as you will have to make a lot of changes so that you aren't using more than one h1 tag per page

any script that you use would have the same issue

it would be very time consuming and in the end is it really worth the effort?

Just curious why you would want to change the subject to h1 instead of your site's title being h1

MohammedFK

Quote from: shadav on April 20, 2021, 01:26:37 PMJust curious why you would want to change the subject to h1 instead of your site's title being h1

I think that for the search engines, to give priority to the title, and to be indexed quickly, to have a ranking in the search .. It is SEO

Steve

For SEO there are a number of mods that may help you.

RIAST - Remove Index And Add Smart Title For SEO (Fully Hook!) among others. Just search SEO on the mod site.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

You should never remove the index.php from the URL.

For the concept of seo, try the Optimus Brave mod
Слaва
Украинi

MohammedFK

Quote from: Steve on April 20, 2021, 05:20:58 PM
For SEO there are a number of mods that may help you.

RIAST - Remove Index And Add Smart Title For SEO (Fully Hook!) among others. Just search SEO on the mod site.

How I can Install this with SMF 2.0.18 ?

& How I can disable URL website item from member profile?

MohammedFK

Quote from: Kindred on April 20, 2021, 11:26:32 PM
You should never remove the index.

For the concept of seo, try the Optimus Brave mod

Yeah, why this software have word - index in the title?

shadav

Quote from: MohammedFK on April 21, 2021, 05:08:41 AM
How I can Install this with SMF 2.0.18 ?

install or upgrade?
Install: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Introduction_to_installing
Upgrade can be done 2 ways
Patching or Large Upgrade
Patching is like installing a mod, you upload it to your package directory go to your admin and then to packages and run the update, this allows you to keep any mods that you had installed
Upgrading is like installing smf, you upload all the files to your site overwriting existing files, you will lose all mods that you have installed and will need to reinstall them but this fixes a lot of issues if you had any.

depending on what you mean, depends on what you would download
Installing 2.0.18 > https://download.simplemachines.org/ chose the Full Install
Upgrading to 2.0.18 > https://download.simplemachines.org/ chose the Large Upgrade
Patching to 2.0.18 > https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ pick the version you are currently at then do them one by one until you reach 2.0.18

Quote from: MohammedFK on April 21, 2021, 05:08:41 AM
& How I can disable URL website item from member profile?

If you do not want anyone at all to be able to add a website to their profile then in your admin under configuration go to features and options then go to profile fields
uncheck the boxes for Website

If you want to only allow specific people to be able to add a website to their profile then you can install this mod to add permissions for which membergroups you want to be able to add websites to their profiles or not: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/?mod=2750
otherwise if you just mean to remove it from the profile but still allow people to add their websites, you would need to edit the profile.template.php file and delete the code
or if you mean for them to be able to add their websites but not have it displayed in their posts on their mini profile there you would need to edit the display.template.php file and delete the code as well as in the personalmessage.template.php, the who.template.php, the memberlist.template.php and maybe a few other files.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

shadav

:-[ i missed the *this* in his wording
thank you  ;D

MohammedFK

Really I am very sorry "again" for my language.

I mean How I can add "like: wordpress plugins" to my forums for sitemaps and SEO tools.. ets.

By the way, I can't find: profile fields to uncheck the boxes for Website

shadav

your language is fine, that was just me misreading

if you are not seeing the profile fields then you probably need to enable it first

in your admin go to configuration then go to core features

turn on anything there that you want to use

but for the profile fields you'll need to turn on
Advanced Profile Fields

press the button so that it turns green then at the bottom press save

now you should be able to go to the profile fields

MohammedFK

Quote from: shadav on April 21, 2021, 03:17:12 PM
now you should be able to go to the profile fields

Wow, done, thank you BOSS

Advertisement: