News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Made a better blink BBC mod (error)

Started by aegersz, April 20, 2021, 04:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

When i try to make a submission to the mod site, i get this error that doesn't make sense:

We have detected that your package id contains spaces. Please remove the space and reupload the file again. The correct format is authorName:modName

based on the following:

Mod Name: Better Blink BBC

Description: This version uses hooks and is reliable. Works in all browsers.

tested on 2.0.17

Latest Version: v1.2

What type of mod is this? BBC

Note: the blink.gif file is borrowed from the blinkbbc_1-0 mod and is stated as such in the readme.txt file

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

I worked it out - i had to edit package-info.xml (in the attached zip file) and pad the following using underscores so that it looks like this now:

<id>aegersz:Better_Blink_BBC</id>
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

that is correct. No spaces allowed in the package ID. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

While I wait for this to become an accepted mod, I have attached it here for the time being (if that is OK).

If it is accepted then disregard this version.

--edit -- sorry, attachment of mods does not belong here. :P

Advertisement: