News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How long does it take to get a mod approved ?

Started by aegersz, April 20, 2021, 02:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

How long does it take to get a mod approved and what is involved in the approval process ?

This may be in the wrong board so sorry about that.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Basically it's a manual process where the team checks that the mod follows set standards and does no evil.
Can't give you an estimate on how long it takes though, because this varies a lot - if there's nothing obviously wrong with the mod though, it's only a matter of someone (on the cust. team) finding the time to check it out and approve it.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

Thanks. I added a better "blink" BBC mod that uses hooks and is reliable.

I have fully tested it so here's hoping.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Steve

Um, I tested it on a pre 2.0.17 forum and a 2.018 forum with no mods and it didn't work in either, with Firefox or Chrome.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Shambles

Quote from: Steve
Um, I tested it on a pre 2.0.17 forum and a 2.018 forum with no mods and it didn't work in either, with Firefox or Chrome.

Without being pedantic, that comment doesn't relate to the OP's question.

aegersz

Quote from: Steve on April 20, 2021, 05:36:28 PM

That's odd - I have tested it on Windows (Chrome, Opera and Firefox) and Android (all 3) and it works fine.

Do you see any Developers Tools Console messages ?

What happens ?

Are you running your server from Windows or Linux ?

Do you see the Bl button ?

go to https://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php?topic=5418 and see if my page is working, just to be sure.

I suggest uninstalling the mod and check to see if you still have a "blink" BBCode from somewhere else.

I also have it running on SMF 2.1.

You can also just try my 1.0 version at the link to my site and let me know what happens ? It is just the basic tags version.

aegersz

I tried it on my vanilla site and yes, it's not working.

Let me investigate as I have got it working but have to reflect that in the Package.

aegersz

It only works when there is an existing and already blinking html code block somewhere on the page - in my case, it's a simple portal html code block.

So much for my cool mod ... argh!

oh well, i tried ... it should be done with a discreet css file, i think.

aegersz

Bugs fixed and tested on a vanilla SMF 2.0.17

I made a typo (wrong curly braces) and removed some blanks.

Please try again.

Shambles

Doesn't all this belong in the support thread for your mod (when it's approved) ?

aegersz

I had to fix it so it can be approved.

It's ready to go anyhow.

It's only a simple mod but its my first.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Shambles on April 21, 2021, 04:11:01 AM
Doesn't all this belong in the support thread for your mod (when it's approved) ?
Most of this would belong behind the scenes, but I don't see a problem with this topic either. 
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Steve

Quote from: Shambles on April 21, 2021, 04:11:01 AMDoesn't all this belong in the support thread for your mod (when it's approved) ?

I would have commented in the support thread if there was one but I don't see why it should be a problem letting him know it's not working before the Customizers get to it.

At any rate, seems to work fine now but will wait till the Customize team approves it for the further questions I have.

:)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: