News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum on URL "domain.net" instead of "domain.net/smf/index.php"

Started by lejayz, April 20, 2021, 03:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lejayz

Hello! I have another question... :laugh: I can now reach my forum via the URL "Domain.net/smf/index.php". But I want it to be reachable with the URL "Domain.net" so just the domain without any slashes. Is that possible and if yes: how?
Thank you :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Best way to go would be to just install (or move) smf to the root instead of the /smf/ folder.
Then simply going to your domain.tld should load the forum on most hosts with no extra config needed.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shadav

if moving your already existing forum from a folder to the root of your site, make sure to run the repair settings afterwards to fix all urls and paths
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

Matthias

And also make sure, that all other paths are going right, maybe implemented from mods or portals.
Quality first

Advertisement: