News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Critical Error

Started by stuart4, April 21, 2021, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuart4

I have ask my webhosting for help all there told me to get in touch with you guys

I'm afraid I was  not able to get this working. I tried several setups and it doesn't seem to be detecting the SQL installed. It might be best to raise this with SMF community to see if they can provide you with any insight that might point to a cause. maybe a way to enable debugging and report the actual error instead of a generic message.

i am using my php 7.4

shadav

who is your host? what database are they using? what version are they using?

though as the message states:
Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with the desired database, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

also are you trying to install smf 2.1 rc3? please note that this is not a stable version of smf, it is in rc and not recommended to use in a live environment

smf 2.0.18 is the current stable version of smf

[edit]according to the image you are trying to install 2.0.18 not 2.1 so moving this from the 2.1 support board to the 2.0 support board

Kindred

Not sure why your host would tell you to talk to us.  That error is pretty clearly a host-side issue to fix.
SMF requires mySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite (although it will work on MariaDB).
Your host needs to make sure that one of those is installed and that php was compiled correctly with support for the database.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stuart4

ukhost4u

sting Package   UK Basic v3
Server Name   melon
cPanel Version   94.0 (build 4)
Apache Version   2.4.46
PHP Version   7.2.34
MySQL Version   10.3.28-MariaDB
Architecture   x86_64
Operating System   linux
Shared IP Address   188.64.190.46
Path to Sendmail   /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl   /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version   5.16.3
Kernel Version   3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.44.2.el7.x86_64

Kindred

so it's installed --- but it would seem that it not properly configured.
Please ask your host to configure the MariaDB to be properly compiled in php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ozp

You could also create a file with

<?php

phpinfo
();

?>

This will show you all information about your system and if php supports any databases

Advertisement: