News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Persistent cache?

Started by caspian1965, April 22, 2021, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caspian1965

Recently installed a fresh set of forum files, 2.0.18, keeping existing database and installed a couple mods:

Treasury 2.10
Simple Audio Video Embedder   6.0.3
SMF Gallery Pro   9.0beta2c

I had a custom theme, but believe it might have been causing issues in the previous installation, so I was planning to rebuild it, using the default theme as the base.  I completely deleted everything out of Themes and only copied new files from the upgrade pack to start with.  Everything seems to be working, although no matter what I do, using the admin tool to clear file cache or actually deleting all the files out of the cache directory, there are data files coming back in that have old forum config.  Particularly, I am noticing some header info and a broken image for a header image that does not exist since I went to a fresh set of files.

Can anyone help or explain what I have to do to totally remove any old cache files?  I had put the forum in maintenance mode when I cleared the cache files and also on the command line.

Thanks

Ninja ZX-10RR

That's just settings in administration, not sure what made you think for that to be cache... You had specified that stuff in Current Layout menu, and it's saved in the database, so it will still be there. Fix your paths/images and you'll be fine :)
Quote from: caspian1965 on April 22, 2021, 03:41:32 PM
I completely deleted everything out of Themes and only copied new files from the upgrade pack to start with.
I'd recommend against being creative with new ways to fix things... This procedure, for example, will cause issues with all mods that have theme edits. As in, the mod will be marked as installed but won't show up/work properly in one or more areas.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

shadav

did you upload all files from the install or just the theme files?

if only the theme files, you'll need to install the rest of the files (except for settings.php) to reset the forum to default as most mods also edit source files

caspian1965

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize that would be in the database.

Advertisement: