Mentions are not triggering alerts or emails

Started by aegersz, May 03, 2021, 04:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

This is a recent one week old RC3 system on Centos 6.10 and MySQL 5.6.

No alerts or emails despite being configured.

No log errors either.

I posted "@member testing" and nothing happens - what am I doing wrong ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aegersz

I upgraded to RC4 but this problem persists.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: aegersz on May 03, 2021, 04:22:28 PM
"@member testing" and nothing happens - what am I doing wrong ?
Double check the @member's notification settings, are they set to receive alerts or emails?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

aegersz

Thanks but they are set to receive both alerts and emails but neither happens

shawnb61

I believe the 4 issues noted above are still open.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aegersz

aegersz

Hi, I upgraded from the Downloads page and again and this is still not working for me (alerts and emails).

Is it working on your live system ?

live627

@aegersz test

oh wait it may not be enabled here

aegersz

I didn't get an alert and @live627 doesn't give me a drop down list.

I think you may be right.

shawnb61

Those fixes went in after RC4, which is the version on the Downloads page.

To get current code, you would need to download from GitHub.

And no, most new features (likes, mentions) are not yet enabled here.

aegersz

aegersz

I just checked in and I got the alerts both on this forum and my testing 2.1 version (github upgrade).

All OK now. Thanks.

Advertisement: