News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can someone help with update question

Started by tdennis, May 10, 2021, 08:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

Its been awhile and I am old (78 next month) and forgetful! Can I upload the 2.0.18 package and expect it to also open the older files shown in red on photo below? Evidently they never updated with the 2.0.17 update.
Thanks
Dennis

Sir Osis of Liver

You can upoad a clean set of files from the 2.0.18 upgrade package, that will overwrite all core files, but you'll have to reinstall mods and customizations.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tdennis

Wow is that the only way? Lots of changes many mods/custom work etc
Dennis

shadav

Ninja ZX-10RR

Also that screenshot of that area you posted can be misleading and I believe it has indeed misled you :)
"Your version" doesn't necessarily state that files must all reflect the top number, nor that they were updated with said patch. Let me explain - not all patches will have language file updates or template/source edits, meaning that some areas will "fall behind" number-wise but they will be perfectly up-to-date (and it would show that "low" number on the right column too).
In your case scenario, you're most likely just one version back, as 2.0.18 edited an huge number of files (with tons of small changes), and bumped up all those numbers to 2.0.18. Simply download the 2.0.17 to 2.0.18 patch via the link posted by shadav and install that one :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

tdennis

Sorry for late reply, have been out of town and death in family.

Thanks Ninja,
I wondered about that since all my updates seemed to go as planned with no
errors. I  am going to update to  2.0.18 and see how it goes.
Thanks,
Dennis

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: tdennis on May 17, 2021, 01:55:14 PM
Sorry for late reply, have been out of town and death in family.

Thanks Ninja,
I wondered about that since all my updates seemed to go as planned with no
errors. I  am going to update to  2.0.18 and see how it goes.
Thanks,
Dennis
You're welcome, and I'll second Steve's reply above this one :(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

tdennis

Advertisement: