News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade problem RC2 to RC3 problem

Started by landyvlad, May 10, 2021, 09:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

Upgrade problem RC2 to RC3

I uploaded a fresh set of files (the upgrade pack, nightlies, from this forum)

My forum link is
h ttps://gsx1400owners.org/test21forum

I believe I'm supposed to simply type this into browser.
h ttps://gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/upgrade.php

But that does nothing. (404 error etc)
I've tried several times and on one occasion it not only did nothing but at the same time seemed to have deleted that upgrade.php file !

Help appreciated.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kindred

When your download the GitHub version, you need to move the install or upgrade files out of the subdirectory and into the forum root directory.... this includes upgrade.php and the sql files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

landyvlad

I uploaded the zip from the forum so its exactly as it was structured there. In the root directory of gsx1400owners.org/test21forum so the upgrade php etc are already in that root directory.  Even though for some reason trying to run it results in a 500 or 404 error most times... very odd.

That is, I didn't download from github

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 10, 2021, 10:36:04 PM
The files are in /other.

Do you mean I need to move files from a directory  /other into the root directory?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Kindred

download from github. the  RC3 on this site has over a hundred patches since it was released

And yes...  the other contents for upgrade need to be moved
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Thanks.

My understanding from the thread on here is that the download was being updated nightly - obviously not the case.
I seem to have somehow deleted the settings file as well so it's probably easier to start afresh.

Is the install pack on GH as well as the upgrade?
If so does the install pack include all the latest patches or is it best to install and then use upgrade pack.

Kindred

install and upgrade are identical -- the only difference is the specific script that either installs a new instance or upgrades and existing instance.

All of the files for both are in the /other directory
Слaва
Украинi

landyvlad

Sir Osis of Liver

If I remember correctly, install will wipe an existing database, while upgrade will upgrade it and retain content.  So it would depend on whether there's anything in the database you want to save.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: