Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (page_id)

Started by cpf, May 13, 2021, 02:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpf

A user encountered this error today: (I replaced private path info with "---")

QuoteType of error: Critical
Error message:
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (page_id)
Function: Display
File: ---/Sources/Display.php
Line: 948
URL of page causing the error: ---

Is there currently a patch?
Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

cpf

Don't email me, PM me, IM me, contact me, look at me, breath on me, or even attempt to think about thinking of contacting me.  If you do, I will send you to the correct forum to post, where I will promptly tell you that you posted in the wrong forum.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cpf

Quote from: Kindred on May 13, 2021, 03:05:41 PM
there was a PR fix merged 6 months ago....

I'm running PrettyURLs that modifies that file.  What's the best way to roll out those changes and keep the PrettyURL mod changes?  What's the "proper SMF way" to do it?

Kindred

what I mean is --   why are you not running a version that is less than 6 months old, given the 100+ fixes put into the code after the initial RC3 release? :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

albertlast

why is smf providing a version which is older than 6 month  ;)?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: albertlast on May 14, 2021, 09:35:24 AM
Tehcnically, we are offering a later version as well - RC4 isn't out yet, but development version on Github is public.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shadav

um because it's still in release candidate...it's not a stable version...there is constant changes being made to it, to which anyone can grab the latest version off of github, but it's still not a stable product, it is only for testing purposes.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: cpf on May 13, 2021, 09:33:54 PM
I'm running PrettyURLs that modifies that file.  What's the best way to roll out those changes and keep the PrettyURL mod changes? 

Best way to deal with Pretty URLs is do clean install to remove all code, drop database tables, delete code from .htaccess, and never, ever install it again. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

cpf

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 14, 2021, 01:02:06 PM
Quote from: cpf on May 13, 2021, 09:33:54 PM
I'm running PrettyURLs that modifies that file.  What's the best way to roll out those changes and keep the PrettyURL mod changes? 

Best way to deal with Pretty URLs is do clean install to remove all code, drop database tables, delete code from .htaccess, and never, ever install it again. :P

I did that, but now my forum isn't pulling up.

cpf

I guess what I'm asking is what's the best SMF way to roll out the new file and put back the PrettyURLs (or any mod's) changes?

cpf

Quote from: shadav on May 14, 2021, 11:51:10 AM
um because it's still in release candidate...it's not a stable version...there is constant changes being made to it, to which anyone can grab the latest version off of github, but it's still not a stable product, it is only for testing purposes.

I'll pull the latest versions off GH, but for those mods I have installed, I need to know the best way to deal with them to put them back.

albertlast

the github version is not packages in a way where the user can download and run the stuff,
he had to move the right files from others in the root and this expect to mutch know how of smf to make it right.

on the other hand, the users get blamed when they find bugs in the released smf version,
since the version is to old and many of the issue got fixed.

so when you don't care of the result of the finding of the released rc version, why you guys released it?

live627

Quote from: cpf on May 14, 2021, 02:06:09 PM

I'll pull the latest versions off GH, but for those mods I have installed, I need to know the best way to deal with them to put them back.
Since everybody prefers to squabble over other matters, I'll answer this. The procedure is just like a large upgrade—overwrite all files and re install all mods. Hope this helps.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There's no need for the hostility. RC4 will be coming, with the packages generated. It's just not there yet.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

cpf

Quote from: live627 on May 14, 2021, 03:48:26 PM

Since everybody prefers to squabble over other matters, I'll answer this. The procedure is just like a large upgrade—overwrite all files and re install all mods. Hope this helps.

Excellent.  Thank you!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you start out with a clean install, clean database, and clean .htaccess, you should be able to install 2.1 mods with package manager, assuming the mods have been updated to be compatible with latest github release.  As noted, 2.1 is still in RC, so it's a moving target for mod authors.

- R. Waters

cpf

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 14, 2021, 09:58:45 PM

If you start out with a clean install, clean database, and clean .htaccess, you should be able to install 2.1 mods with package manager, assuming the mods have been updated to be compatible with latest github release.  As noted, 2.1 is still in RC, so it's a moving target for mod authors.

It's a 10-year old DB converted from 2.016.  From what I gather, I can just bring over all the files newer than the last RC3.

Sir Osis of Liver

Would be best to upload the complete package and run upgrade.php, there may be changes to database.

- R. Waters

cpf

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 16, 2021, 10:41:51 PM
Would be best to upload the complete package and run upgrade.php, there may be changes to database.

Will do, thank you.  I'll report back.

Advertisement: