News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Logo Assistance Needed

Started by bones_and_bonaticles, May 14, 2021, 01:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones_and_bonaticles

Hey!

I'm in a bit of stump, and am new to SMF, but I tried to editing the logo image on the theme/layout I am using (Boru.v1), found here: https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2930

I went into the admin panel > configuration > current theme
In which I then placed my own image url (.png) under "Theme Options and Preferences" in the Logo Image URL section.

However, I must have messed up somewhere because it made my image very tiny (this is a horizontal image that over 1000 pixels wide) on the upper left side of my screen, when I'm trying to replace the simple machine forum banner, and the banner for SMF is still there. I attached an image below so you can see what I'm meaning (as I couldn't post an external link).

What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks so much for any help!

Sir Osis of Liver

It's not messed up, that's how the theme is designed.  The linked image replaces the Boru log upper left and is resized to fit that space.  Do you want your logo to replace the full width header image?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

bones_and_bonaticles

Oh, okay. Yes, I am trying to replace the header image!

shadav

you should ask in the theme's support thread: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=565070.0

are you trying to replace the theme's header image the orangish/blue/green/tree image?
or are you just wanting to add your logo image to the theme but bigger than what the theme's settings are?

I'm guessing you are trying to replace the header image
to replace the header image
/Themes/Boru_v1/images/testimonial-bg.jpg
either replace this image or in
/Themes/Boru_v1/css/index.css
find #header
replace the background url image with your image url

[edit] and I see while I was typing there's been replies

Sir Osis of Liver

That image is /Themes/Boru_v1/images/testimonial-bg.jpg, you would have to replace it with your image.  To get rid of the SMF logo do this -

index.css

img#smflogo
{
margin-left: 1em;
/* opacity: 0.1; */
display: none;
}

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: