News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Repair_Settings.php

Started by jeepwrangler2k, May 15, 2021, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepwrangler2k

I did a backup of my database with the Admin function and then did a repair_settings.php and now my forum is in maintenance mode and I don't don't how to get it out.

HELP???

Edited title to correct misspelling in case someone searches for similar topics. ~ Steve

Sir Osis of Liver

You can take it out of maintenance mode with repair_settings, or you can edit Settings.php manually, or you should be able to login as admin and disable it in Server Settings.

Admin database backup is not recommended, it often doesn't work, especially on larger databases.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

jeepwrangler2k

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 15, 2021, 04:28:50 PM
You can take it out of maintenance mode with repair_settings, or you can edit Settings.php manually, or you should be able to login as admin and disable it in Server Settings.

Admin database backup is not recommended, it often doesn't work, especially on larger databases.

Thank you so much.  Yes now I know after the fact where I did read about not to do admin backups but to use the cpanel under phpmyadmin to backup and restore. In fact I just restored my .gz database save using it now and it worked.  Then I did what you said - went into the forum as admin and turned off maintenance mode and that made the forum reopen to users again.

Thanks ever so much for your help - I really thought I messed it up but now it seems okay.

Advertisement: