BBCode Options not appearing

Started by j.flynn_, May 27, 2021, 11:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.flynn_

Please see image;

This is all that is shown when I attempt to make a new post, my BBCode options are enabled for the forum and I have selected all choices. I had these options aproximatly two days ago and now the entire forum is without the BBCode options. I require these options for my forum to operate at maximum efficiancy.

I would greatly appreciate some help, not too sure what file may be corrupted for this to happen or if I simply am overlooking a possible issue with my website.

I have;
   Simple Spoiler
   SMF Gallery Lite
   EzPortal
   Highslide BBCode and Image Viewer

activated on my forum aswell, the theme I am using is Dark Border

shadav

well...if it was working 2 days ago....
what has changed since then?

I'm not seeing that theme here on the theme site
where did you get it from? is it made for your version of smf?
does this do this with the default curve theme?

what version of smf are you using?
fairly sure that the simple spoiler mod is not made for 2.1....you posted in the 2.1 support board, are you using 2.1rc.x or are you using 2.0.x?

j.flynn_

Oops, please close the topic I though I had used 2.1, but I actually have 2.0.18  :-X

j.flynn_

Please see image;

This is all that is shown when I attempt to make a new post, my BBCode options are enabled for the forum and I have selected all choices. I had these options aproximatly two days ago and now the entire forum is without the BBCode options. I require these options for my forum to operate at maximum efficiancy.

I would greatly appreciate some help, not too sure what file may be corrupted for this to happen or if I simply am overlooking a possible issue with my website.

I have;
   Simple Spoiler
   SMF Gallery Lite
   EzPortal

activated on my forum aswell, the theme I am using is Dark Border (https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=21 [nofollow])

shadav

I've merged your two topics together....

still would need to know
Quote from: shadav on May 28, 2021, 12:04:14 AM
did you install a new theme since 2 days ago? did you install a new mod since 2 days ago? did you edit any of the files since 2 days ago?

still need to know this, to try and figure out if it's theme related or otherwise
if you switch to the default curve them, does it still do this or does it work like normal?

j.flynn_

Quote from: shadav on May 28, 2021, 12:43:51 AM
I've merged your two topics together....

still would need to know
did you install a new theme since 2 days ago? did you install a new mod since 2 days ago? did you edit any of the files since 2 days ago?

still need to know this, to try and figure out if it's theme related or otherwise
if you switch to the default curve them, does it still do this or does it work like normal?

I haven't installed anything between the disappearance of the BBCode options, I tried TAGGS and the Base Forum, in neither is the BBCode working properly. I have also cycled through all my themes I had previously and non have the BBCode options.

This theme I have on another site and the BBCode options appear, but only have these mods installed on that one;
   EzPortal

I tried deleting the Simple Spoilers and Highslide BBCode and Image Viewer on the site without BBCode and that didnt fix it either. Aswell, the BBCode options worked with these mods at first, it just stopped appearing randomly when I went back to the website to keep adding topics

j.flynn_

One thing that changed is I hosted another site, but thats it, I left this site for 2 Days and when I returned to continue posting it no longer had the BBCode options, so I tried idfferent themes and uninstalled/reinstalled the Mods - None of this fixed it.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

j.flynn_

Quote from: Steve on May 28, 2021, 09:16:37 AM

QuoteI tried TAGGS and the Base Forum, in neither is the BBCode working properly. I have also cycled through all my themes I had previously and non have the BBCode options.
Yes, as I have said I have tried the Core Theme, Curve Default, and all my other installed themes, none have a working BBCode option when attempting to make a post.

Additionally, as I have checked, I now cannot change any of the images that were previously in BBCode as it will not load the image, if I make a new post and I use [img] or [hs width=100 hight=100] the images dont load and simply are just blank.

j.flynn_

Another update... I completely reset my serve and deleted all of the SMF Files, I then proceeded to reinstall SMF 2.0.18, which when I finalized its installation, still did not have any BBCode options on it...

Would... this be a Server issue then or...

Illori

admin -> current theme show BBC buttons on Posting and PM send pages. make sure this is checked and save the page.

j.flynn_

Quote from: Illori on May 29, 2021, 06:11:11 AM
admin -> current theme show BBC buttons on Posting and PM send pages. make sure this is checked and save the page.

They are on, BBCode options through the current theme and through BBCode Settings

j.flynn_

I attached pictures to show both are activated and the BBCode is not working still

Shambles

(1) Do you have a javascript blocker running in your browser?

(2) Do you see any javascript errors in your browser console?

j.flynn_

Quote from: Shambles on May 29, 2021, 01:03:52 PM
(1) Do you have a javascript blocker running in your browser?

(2) Do you see any javascript errors in your browser console?

I do not have any blocking software on my browser, at all - aswell, I am capable of seeing the BBCode options on all other SMF forums and my other SMF forum site

There was an Index.php error when I used the google inspect on the site, other then that I didn't see any error anywhere, ran a diagnostic on the site and server and said there were no issues. This was prior to me wiping the server and reinstalling SMF - Even after the reset I still cannot see the BBCode options

shadav

seeing that it was working before and then now it's not, something changed
and if it's not on your end, then it's on the server/host end
what version of php are you using? if it were a php issue there should be some other issues I'd think but  :-\

j.flynn_

That's the thing, I hadn't added or removed any mods or files between the dissapearance of the BBCode, not even making a post. It's even weirder that after o wiped the server and reinstalled the install files from SMF that the BBCode options still don't appear.

I used the same install file for my other site, which so far has experienced 0 problems

shadav

what php version are you using?
ask your host if they changed anything in the last (however many days it's been)
who is your host?

j.flynn_

All the files are from 2.0.18

I'll shoot them a support message, not sure though cause my other site is on the same server and it runs without problem

Go daddy's hosting

shawnb61

You are having issues with fresh code, & no mods installed?

You mentioned seeing index.php errors in the console - what errors?

What version of php?

Does applying the patch here help?:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=576601.msg4081407#msg4081407
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: