Previous topic - Next topic

gecitli

Link to the theme

Pelikan Theme

demo:https://smf.webtiryaki.com

user: Demo
pass: demo

Screenshots

This theme is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. You are not allowed to remove the authors copyright.

License
The MIT License.
http://www.webtiryaki.com
webmaster forumu
Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

aryansindy

hi,,gecitli thank´s for this nice theme,
I have installt in my site but in the forum Info center dont appeart the Recent Posts!!
how to make it possible??
Link to my site:
Zaxo Forum

gecitli

Quote from: aryansindy on June 01, 2021, 01:19:13 PM
hi,,gecitli thank´s for this nice theme,
I have installt in my site but in the forum Info center dont appeart the Recent Posts!!
how to make it possible??
Link to my site:
Zaxo Forum

Hello there
admin-Configuration-Current Theme-Number of recent posts to display on board index: write how many topics will appear here
http://www.webtiryaki.com
webmaster forumu
Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

aryansindy

Thank you ,is done now its OK,
regard`s

Portugal

Looks nice. Congratulations.

Its only to 2.1 SMF version?

Thanks
Portugal

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

JessyKa

Hello,
don't know if here is the right place to ask.

Our forum was updated to 2.1.1 and I choose the Pelikan theme as default.

There is a strange phenomenon in log in:

When trying to log in there is an error "token verification failed, please return and try again".
I tried deleting cookies, checked username and password for critical symbols....

The following thread gave me a helpful hint: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=581284.0

Log in via upper right menu is possible without the token error. Log out through the button in the upper right menu is not possible (An error occured, featur currently not available). Log out is possible via the button within the user-pop-up box (upper right corner).

Is there a problem with the theme using different log-in/-out mechanisms?

Sorry for the bad english!

Julius_2000

Hi everyone,

In my adapted Pelikan theme I noticed that the "go up" link in the footer section doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Nothing happens and that was already the way before modding the theme myself.
I compared the pertaining code (I guess) in the index.template.php with the default one and can't seem to see any difference.

Pelikan theme
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>Default theme
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
I assume that the #topc_section variable has a function/value behind it that might not be correct?

Doug Heffernan

You will have to ask about this at that theme 's support topic. All questions related to third party mods/themes should be asked at their respective support topics.

Kindred

#top_section is not a variable.

It refers to an anchor link...   sounds like the theme might be missing that anchor link (either because the theme itself was missing it, or because your edits accidentally removed it)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

I'm sorry I posted it in the wrong place, I thought it was a more general question regarding the code itself.

@Kindred, where can I find the anchor link reference in?

Kindred

probably index.template.php

but, as I said, it looks like it's missing right now (which is why the go up link doesn't work) :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julius_2000

Maybe I could find that anchor link in the default theme and copy it into my one? Would I only have to look up #top_section or anything else?

Steve

Quote from: Julius_2000 on September 08, 2022, 08:25:46 AMI'm sorry I posted it in the wrong place, I thought it was a more general question regarding the code itself.
You indicated it was a question regarding a specific theme which is why Doug commented that you should ask in that theme's support topic.

I see nothing so far that changes that so as such, I'm merging this into the Pelikan theme's support topic.
DO NOT pm me for support!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Julius_2000 on September 08, 2022, 08:44:24 AMMaybe I could find that anchor link in the default theme and copy it into my one? Would I only have to look up #top_section or anything else?
The best solution would be just changing the ID the go up is linking too.

Find this -

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
Replace with

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#header">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>

Julius_2000

Again, apologies for opening the topic in the wrong place!

And thank you, Twitch! I understand that the #top_section is just an html id that was simply not defined in the theme! So upon your suggestion I inserted one that is et voilà, it works!
Btw, could I use a class name instead of an id there too or would it crash? 

You guys rock!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Julius_2000 on September 08, 2022, 02:02:17 PMAgain, apologies for opening the topic in the wrong place!

And thank you, Twitch! I understand that the #top_section is just an html id that was simply not defined in the theme! So upon your suggestion I inserted one that is et voilà, it works!
Btw, could I use a class name instead of an id there too or would it crash? 

You guys rock!
Doesn't matter if class or id. Header is just usually in the top, so it works :).

Antechinus

Quote from: Julius_2000 on September 08, 2022, 02:02:17 PMBtw, could I use a class name instead of an id there too or would it crash?
Use an ID. TBH I am not sure it is possible for an anchor to target a class (have never tried it) but even if it were possible it would confuse things if you have two or more instances of that class on the page. An ID is unique, so only ever the one target, so will always work. :)

ETA: Just checked the specs. Class name no can do. But, there are some interesting points about ID's.
QuoteNote: You can use href="#top" or the empty fragment (href="#") to link to the top of the current page, as defined in the HTML specification

So this would work (which I knew but had forgotten) and does not require any actual target element:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
This would also work, regardless of whether the element #top existed or not:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=agreement">' . $txt['terms_and_rules'] . '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top">', $txt['go_up'], ' &#9650;</a></li>
Really, for simplicity and idiot-proofing, we should always be using this:
<a href="#">

Julius_2000

Quote from: TwitchisMental on September 08, 2022, 04:24:18 PMDoesn't matter if class or id. Header is just usually in the top, so it works
Yeah, usually, but in this instance there wasn't an ID named header so it didn't work. I then used one of my own IDs and it worked so I figured (being a noob and all) that this had to be an Html reference in the href.

Quote from: Antechinus on September 09, 2022, 04:09:50 AMUse an ID. TBH I am not sure it is possible for an anchor to target a class (have never tried it) but even if it were possible it would confuse things if you have two or more instances of that class on the page. An ID is unique, so only ever the one target, so will always work.
Really, for simplicity and idiot-proofing, we should always be using this:

Yes, I realized it the minute I posted that, classes wouldn't probably make sense. Is the logic behind the href="something" that it would grab the first thing of that element it finds? Like what you said with your fool-proof hashtag-only approach? So, does it jump right to the first # it sees in the Html code?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Antechinus on September 09, 2022, 04:09:50 AM
Quote from: Julius_2000 on September 08, 2022, 02:02:17 PMBtw, could I use a class name instead of an id there too or would it crash?
Use an ID. TBH I am not sure it is possible for an anchor to target a class (have never tried it) but even if it were possible it would confuse things if you have two or more instances of that class on the page. An ID is unique, so only ever the one target, so will always work. :)

ETA: Just checked the specs. Class name no can do. But, there are some interesting points about ID's.
Well then... I stand corrected lol.  Thank you :).

Advertisement: