News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Database Error Please try again

Started by lazna, June 03, 2021, 03:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazna

Installed SMF 2.0.17 year a go, and create some forums and topics, than forget it. now. Now go back and want to start using it, but what I only see is a %SUBJ% error. Unable to see content or login as admin. AFAIK nothing changes in PHP nor MySQL since I am worked on SMF last time.

How I can debug such error?

Kindred

What is the ACTUAL error? (copy the full error, or screen shot?)

I don't know what %SUBJ% error means....

What is your URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

1- is the database there?
2- Is everything OK in the database? (no crashed tables, all tables present)
3- is the database configuration in SMF's Settings.php correct?
4- any errors on the server side?   (look for the server error log  (usually error.log or errorlog.))
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

From screenshot looks like it's connecting to database.  Have you run repair_settings?  Link to forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 03, 2021, 06:31:13 PM
Link to forum?
Looked it up :P https://forum.ethernetovercoax.tech/index.php Just about nothing works, I would second the repair_settings.php request and checking server-side error logs (not the ones in SMF admin, which you can't access, but the ones inside cPanel :) )
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Dzonny

Well, looks like it's connecting to DB, I'd try with database repair maybe:
https://forum.ethernetovercoax.tech/ssi_examples.php

lazna

Quote from: Kindred on June 03, 2021, 01:58:40 PM
1- is the database there?
How could I check it? MySQL workbench connect succesfully, I could browse SMF tables. Many of them are empty, but it is almost empty instalnce of SMF

2- Is everything OK in the database? (no crashed tables, all tables present)
do not known how to verify this

3- is the database configuration in SMF's Settings.php correct?
Seeems nothing wrong

4- any errors on the server side?   (look for the server error log  (usually error.log or errorlog.))
Do you mean web server log? There is nothing suspicious...

Kindred

ok...    your best bet, at this point, is to upload a fresh set of files (and update to 2.0.18 while you're at it.

This will remove all mods and you will have to reinstall them...   but looking at your site, it definitely looks like a problem in one of the files
Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

Database is there, forum is connecting to it so Settings.php is correct.  Should contain 63 tables, more if mods are installed.  You can check tables in phpmyadmin (dropmenu at bottom of main page).  All paths should be either http or https, you can check that with repair_settings.  But do as Kindred suggested first, upload clean files.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: