General Community > Site Comments, Issues and Concerns

This forum's notifications end up in Gmail's spam folder...

(1/4) > >>

Gryzor:
Anyone else experiencing this? No matter how many times I've clicked "THIS IS NOT SPAM, DAMMIT!"; and even adding the sender to my contacts doesn't seem to stop Gmail from filing email notifications as spam...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen:
Gmail is difficult, I have no actual experiences with this as my notifications from SMF go to my Simplemachines -email, but on a general level gmail can be difficult to work with.

Gryzor:
...predictably the notification for your reply ended in Spam :D No other indication but the default "Why is this message in spam? It is similar to messages that were identified as spam in the past." and the warning about the email not being encrypted. I'm wondering if it's doing this only for me or for other Gmail users...

Douglas:
I would look at SPF and DMARC records, first and foremost (unfortunately, I have to deal with this all the time).

--- Quote ---SPF Record Published   No SPF Record found
SPF Record Deprecated   No SPF records found as TXT. (Record type 99 (SPF) has been deprecated)
--- End quote ---

Liroy/Core, if ya need an assist, let me know.

Gryzor:
Thought about SPF myself, but:

-why won't Gmail accept my assurance that it's not spam :D
-other people would be having the same problem given how prevalent Gmail is, I would think?
-Such an issue would probably trigger the "this email may not be from the person it claims to be" or something like that, not that it was marked as spam in the past...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version