News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

URL to new tab

Started by BigAlGeorge, June 06, 2021, 05:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigAlGeorge

I have a board which goes to url.
Is there any construct to get the url to a new window?
Thanks,
Al.

Shambles

Do you mean you have a "redirect board" and you want it to open in a new window?

If so, you can make the board redirect in a new tab by checking the "If you enable this option, redirected boards would be opened in a new tab" option when adding/modifying the board.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's not a built in option, but there's a mod for it
Redirected Boards in a new Tab
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Shambles

Quite right Lex - I forgot that I'd added that mod to give the option.

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Shambles on June 06, 2021, 05:53:44 AM
Do you mean you have a "redirect board" and you want it to open in a new window?

If so, you can make the board redirect in a new tab by checking the "If you enable this option, redirected boards would be opened in a new tab" option when adding/modifying the board.

The mod came up with a bunch of install error warnings so I didnt go further with that.
The function is under admin settings modify board this board has a url when clicked which needs to open a new window first.
If I had a debugger working I would have been able to follow the logic.

Note your reply 'redirect to a new tab' I cant find any such settings but this is not whats wanted its the url function within Boards.

Lastly, Ive changed the topic name as I would appreciate tip on how to set permissions so that this Board is not visible till the user is logged in.

Thank you gentlemen for your assistance.
Al.

BigAlGeorge

regret the other remove board visibility should be another thread I cant modify now its too late but will start a new thread with that topic thanks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

When you modify the board, there's checkboxes in there to select who see the board. SMF does not show boards to users who can't access them.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 06, 2021, 11:12:08 PM
When you modify the board, there's checkboxes in there to select who see the board. SMF does not show boards to users who can't access them.

Thanks found and done and works of course. Appreciate.

Now for the URL question?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

In a post, you can try to force an url to open in the same window with [iurl][/iurl] or in a new tab/window with [url][/url].

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

BigAlGeorge

Hi Aleksi. Thanks but the url comes from click on Board, there are no posts in the board its just a link to a videoconference which should be in a new tab.

Simple Machines is amazing; Im finding as learning curve improves, so much work has gone into it.

Regards, Al from New Zealand.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

For a redirect board, this is still the answer.
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 06, 2021, 06:10:35 AM
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

BigAlGeorge

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 07, 2021, 12:40:35 AM
For a redirect board, this is still the answer.
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 06, 2021, 06:10:35 AM
Yep, see my previous reply about errors on this mod.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Without knowing what errors you are getting, it's a bit difficult to offer suggestions.
Most likely it is a conflict with another mod, or something that has been slightly changed in an update after the mod was originally released.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

BigAlGeorge

Instead Ill make a sticky, with information about video link (the goto url) protocol.
Users wanting to use, will want to know when someone is available anyway; no point in sitting around waiting so they should post when they can be available, and others can respond then a conference will be pre-booked.

Problem solved as [url] goes to a new tab/window

Thanks gentlemen for your help.
Al.

Advertisement: