News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Quote Button Not Working

Started by laurieluvsliason, June 07, 2021, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurieluvsliason

Have no clue why

It just says LOADING and nothing happens. Thanks to anyone who can figure this out.

www.liasonitesgathering.online

Shambles

Have a ganders into the browser console error/warning section.

laurieluvsliason

What? Where do I find this? And what do I do when I find it? Delete errors? I have already done that O:)

laurieluvsliason

Shambles

Hi. I'm not "realtime charlie"  8)

Your browser has tools to help you discover issues, and generally have a look around.

For example, try right-clicking on your post page and select "inspect" in the context menu. From there, you can navigate to the "console" tab and see any javascript warnings that may have been generated.

laurieluvsliason

And how pray tell, is this going to fix the quote button?

laurieluvsliason

Well this is telling me nothing. OTHER than how to fix a quote button so members can quote each other!  I am thinking SMF has a little problem here....  SHEESH!

Kindred

And I am thinking that you have no clue how a support forum works

We are going to ask you to try different things so we can figure out what is wrong with YOUR system.  It's not a problem in SMF, because that feature works for every other site.  It's a problem with subverting that YOU have misconfigured.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

laurieluvsliason

The OWNER of Tierra Hosting has been on our board numerous times to fix an email notification problem that has nothing to do with the Quotes and we have had no other issues apparently, so I give up. Thanks anyway, we'll deal with it,  just thought there might be an easy fix that you experts could help with. Apparently not.

Was downright confusing what Shambles had to say and asking questions I understand but not being treated like I am stupid because I came to you for help. So sorry.

Oldiesmann

You have been told where to look. The browser console will give you any JavaScript errors that will point the support staff in the direction of the problem. Without an account on the forum, we have no way to determine what the actual problem is.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote feature works with javascript disabled.  You can try disabling/uninstalling WYSIWYG mod, and tapatalk if you have it installed.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: laurieluvsliason on June 07, 2021, 09:31:41 PM
Was downright confusing what Shambles had to say and asking questions I understand but not being treated like I am stupid because I came to you for help. So sorry.
1) What Shambles suggested was that you check for any errors on your live site, using your browser's included tools, because those could be the cause of your trouble.
2) If you are confused with a question you are asked, then please let the one asking know - We may sometimes forget to explain in detail, but usually when something is asked it is for a reason.
3) When someone explains where to look, or what to check, it is not necessarily to immediately fix things. It is to diagnose the problem, so we don't end up making suggestions based on guesses and potentially make things worse for you.
4) Everyone here is a volunteer, so do not expect immediate answers. No one is getting paid, and you are getting support for free.

If you wish to try again, please take a deep breath, and open a new topic.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: