SMF Support > SMF 2.1.x Support

Marking Unread After Modifying...

(1/1)

Grammy:
Just asking, because if I don't, who will?   :)

2.1RC3, default.  Is there a way to have a topic appear unread again, if someone modifies the last reply? 

Say you're having a "back and forth" and you realize you need to hurriedly add more info to your last reply but, by then, it's been read.  I realize you could just add a new reply and "bump the thread" that way but I was just curious to know if that would be possible...  have a modified last reply cause the thread to be re-marked as unread to those who previously viewed it? 

I'm not really bummed if it can't be done, but how am I ever going to know if I don't just ask?   :D

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen:
I think if you edit a post, it will show the "new" label, but won't change it unread for everyone, and I can't think of a simple way to do that either. Not without modifications at least.

Grammy:

--- Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 08, 2021, 10:54:11 AM ---I think if you edit a post, it will show the "new" label, but won't change it unread for everyone, and I can't think of a simple way to do that either. Not without modifications at least.

--- End quote ---

Ah....  it's not showing "New" on the test board (Github files).  But, I guess you're right, it would probably take a full-on mod to get a modified "last reply" to appear as Unread for those who had visited that topic.   :-\

Thanks, Lex!   :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen:
Of course, if it's a new topic with no replies, you can just post a new topic all together - and delete the old one?
Or a post no one replied to, the same really - delete the old post, make a new one.

Grammy:

--- Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 08, 2021, 11:21:40 AM ---Of course, if it's a new topic with no replies, you can just post a new topic all together - and delete the old one?
Or a post no one replied to, the same really - delete the old post, make a new one.

--- End quote ---

That's true, with new topics.  Well, there's no crime in legitimate thread-bumping, I guess.  One could just say "I've modified my last reply" and make it a hyperlink to that post, I suppose.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version