News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Two configure in Post Settings for Anti-Spam

Started by minimono, June 14, 2021, 05:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minimono

my forum have new user Spam Post. i need mod Two configure in Post Settings for Regular Members(new user) and Ohter Groub Members.
Or is there any mod recommend?

thank you.
SMF 2.0.15 | PHP 7.X | MySql 5.6 | Softer theme | SMFAds

shadav

in your admin under configuration go to security and moderation then go to anti-spam

Post count under which users must pass verification to make a post
set the number to whatever you want them to have to use the verification system

also set up some verification questions, things that are about your site that a person could answer but a bot couldn't

the post settings that you showed in your image isn't really about anti-spam, it's about not overburdening your server

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

minimono

thanks for all the answers. :)

90-95% is Regular Members and it took a long time to have Spammers or spamming
we admin forum agreed that handmade for delete user post spam.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

minimono

Kindred

Quote from: minimono on June 16, 2021, 03:00:19 AM
we are testing mod Global Post Limit https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3335

installing this mod is fine...   However, this is the wrong way to deal with spammers.

The correct way to deal with spammers is to stop them from registering in the first place --   using the methods already described (use good questions) which don't require any mods at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: