Admin approval of new registrations

Started by lydbury, June 17, 2021, 02:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lydbury

I have got my board set to require admin approval of new registrations. Whe someone new register, they get an email saying they will get another email when admin has approved their registration.

1. Admin never gets and email to say that a new registration requires approval.
2. If I look at members and approve the registration, the new person does not get an email to say they have been approved. I have to send that manually.

Grateful for help and advice.

Duncan

shadav

what are your mail settings?
in your admin under maintenance go to mail then settings

lydbury

efk

Admin approval of new registrations can be time consuming, my advise is to go with Immediate Registration. See this, maybe my posts can help you to organize your forum https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=577592.msg4087813#msg4087813

lydbury

Thanks efk

However, we want it to be a closed forum of only about 14 people - it's a community project and we just want the steering committee in the forum. I suppose it would be as easy as anything to register folks myself.

Is there any way for admin to be sent an email/message (or whatever) when a new register needs approval.

Thanks again,

Duncan

efk

Duncan, I still can't see any reason to do it like you explained.

14 members is just a few people, so why don't You register them instead? All you need is their email and password and of course username, then go to Admin/Members/Registration... , next to do is check for Settings and there you can disable registration. Then click on Register New Member and register 1 by 1. If anyhow disabled registration disables you to register new users, then first register them and then disable registration, and in future you can register more members. Admin Approval may be needed during time if you are not allowed to register members if registration is disabled.
You will leave General forum board to be visible to everyone but empty, then make a new private boards visible to Private or Protected membergroup in which will be placed these 14 people. Point of this is to set them have access to private area and they can do it only when they are logged in.
If you want you can post some contact detail so if someone wants or need to register for whatever reason, you can see that. Or use chatting program like Discord, Slack, Viber, Messenger or whatever your group is using. Use General forum board which is default for that purpose, post that info, let it be at bottom of your forum as the last board, at top set Recycle bin visible only to you.

This mod might be interesting to you https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2198

Steve

Quote from: efk on June 18, 2021, 06:28:22 AM14 members is just a few people, so why don't You register them instead?

He already said:

Quote from: lydbury on June 18, 2021, 03:52:15 AMI suppose it would be as easy as anything to register folks myself.

Under Admin -> Members -> Registration -> Settings make sure the top dropdown is set to 'Admin Approval' and the box labeled 'Notify administrators when a new member joins' is checked.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: