Manual Data Import from 2.0.15 to SMF 2.0.18

Started by neo67, June 21, 2021, 07:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neo67

Hello all,

we are running SMF 2.0.15 with about 35 modifications. The web provider will now switch to MariaDB and a higher PHP version.
We have done a local mirror installation and are running into various issues with the modifications also with TinyPortal.

The only solution seems to be to reinstall SMF 2.0.18 and TinyPortal 2.0.1.
Now my question:

Which database tables from SMF do I need to import manually and import "Everything" important.

Our size:
Total members: 25692
Total posts: 741826
Total topics: 59660
Online today: 569
Most online: 2287

Greetings & Thanks!
Neo67

@rjen

I already provided you with input on the Tinyportal support site on how to manually remove the old TinyPortal install.

If you choose to import the tables into a new install you CAN choose to also import the smf_tp... tables into the new setup: if you do that, installing the new version of TinyPortal will automatically upgrade the data and use the old content in the new install...

As a matter of fact you may just install a clean set of files on the full database and start again...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

neo67

Hi Arjen,

the question on Tinyportal support site belongs to TP.  :D
Now I need to find out which tables of SMF are important and most importantly, which SMF tables can I export from SMF 2.0.15 and import into 2.0.18 without breaking me a new SMF installation.

shadav

why not just do a patch upgrade?
https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/
2.0.15 > 2.0.16
2.0.16 > 2.0.17
2.0.17 > 2.0.18

that way you don't lose any modifications

however if you don't care about losing all of your modifications you could just do a large upgrade
https://download.simplemachines.org/
which will overwrite all of your files and update your site and db without losing any db info
and then you can go through and reinstall all of your mods and themes with their updated versions as well

Sir Osis of Liver

There were no database changes in 2.0 branch, it's not necessary to update core tables.  Patch up to .18 as shdav suggested.  Depending on which php version you're now running, some mods may break and you'll have to install current versions.  MariaDB shouldn't be a problem if it's properly configured.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

as for what tables are important....     all of them.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: