News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can someone help me how to fix this error 8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier

Started by Kitarist, July 01, 2021, 07:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitarist

This is the error not sure how it happened but now i cant get into the forum anymore

8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
File: /home/kitarist/public_html/ceriatoneforum/Sources/Load.php(198) : runtime-created function
Line: 3

Anyone knows what would be the easiest way to fix this? Just go into the table and modify something or go to that load.php file and edit the code?

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

Your host probably upgraded your php version.  1.1 branch went eol several years ago, it's obsolete and unsupported.  You need to upgrade to 2.0.18.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534915.0

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kitarist

Yea thoguht thats the case but is there any quick fix or is updating the only option?

I did update several months ago but had to revert back due to many issues.

Is it possible just to save all the forum table data and export it to new freshly installed SMF 2..?

Kitarist

Ok thanks for the first link i modified the index.php and the ssi.php file and it "fixed the problem"

I would still like to find a manual way to update to SMF 2 by only exporting the forum content (posts,users...) and then importing it to SMF 2. if thats possible as doing the automatic update doesnt work so well and breaks the forum.

Thanks

Kindred

The upgrade transforms the data as there were database changes between 1.1.x and 2.0.x

However....if I read your question correctly,  you did the upgrade wrong, before...  an upgrade to a new majorversion requires ALL files (except settings.php) to be replaced.
You can not use a 1.1 x theme on 2.0.x.

The non-upgrade fix is to ask your host to go back to a 5.x version of php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: