News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Yabb 2.6.11 to SMF possible?

Started by lavoip, April 12, 2019, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstahl

Quote from: justinbowser on November 04, 2020, 06:34:44 PM
I have also had a nightmare with attachments.  Missing attachments, dups, you name it.  Every time I ran the conversion I got different results.  So far, no help after multiple posts in various threads.  If you were ever able to get a successful attachment conversion please let me know how you did it.
We had a similar issue but got it solved. I hired a programmer to modify the converter and he converted our yabb 2.6.11 with over 90,000+ posts ; over 4000 members and over 10,000+ topics. Biggest problem was no attachments so we recoded the converter and then had dups/trips but fixed that. I'm now going over the forum and modifying member groups and permissions.

I highly recommend the guy that did our YaBB 2.6.11 conversion.  We are now running SMF 2.0.18, no loss of posts, etc.  It took me a few days to confirm other settings and for the coder we used to modify/fix a few other things in the database, but it is running well now.

Advertisement: