News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

General Protection Of Data

Started by Kustomuk, July 08, 2021, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

GDPR

General Protection Of Data

Now what i don`t get is why other site`s don`t display on registration the GDPR that we have now got as it is a legally binding contract, So why do other site`s not display this contract of the GDPR like we do, ?????

I`ve noticed people removing video`s from utube on our site maybe due to this binding contract,...but the GDPR don`t just stop there as it`s also in place to protect users or members as site`s like this take ip address`s and emails and names,..... that also make`s me wonder why we have the GDPR and not other site`s on registration,

So is it important to have GDPR on your site or not that`s my question.

vbgamer45

IS site catered to users in the EU if so then yes otherwise no.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kustomuk

Well i`m in the uk so no we are not in the EU anymore so how does the GDPR stand now we have left the EU,

vbgamer45

Applies if you have users in the EU
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kustomuk

So if a website or forum don`t display the GDPR rules of general data protection what would happen to the site or owner,

thats my next question, because a forum gets users joining from all directions,

SpacePhoenix

You can't ever guarantee that you'll never have users located in the EU, as someone could use a proxy server

a10

Copied basic, standard stuff from some other sites' gdpr texts, edited a few lines here and there so as to better comply with subject of my site\forum. All done and finished in 1 hour or so, years ago. Never thought or cared about it since then.

And nobody registering has ever bothered about it or ever mentionned it. And universally, probably like 0.00001% ever care to read wherever gdpr may be presented. But ok to have it in there just in case, feeling one's back is covered in that dept., at zero cost and no work.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Advertisement: