News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade Issues - Error: Language files out of date.

Started by JustinZ, July 07, 2021, 01:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinZ

I get the following error when updating from a terminal:
Error: Language files out of date.

Current 1.1.19
Extracted the 2.0.18 large upgrade files over the top (after backing up whole dir)

Command was sudo php upgrade.php

PHP Version: 7.4.21

I tried extracting the language files from English and English UTF8 over the top of my themes directory and even cleaned out any other themes in there so it was just the core, default folders and the index.php.

shadav

what languages did you have installed?
you can download new language packages and overwrite the old ones.

JustinZ

I believe I only have the English language installed.

I tried downloading the ones from the link you provided and overwriting the Themes directory but even after that, it says the Language files are out of date.

Gary

If you're uploading them into your theme's directory, then they would report as out of date, since you're actually supposed to upload them into the default theme's language directory.

Any language and template file that your theme does not have automatically falls back to using that of the default theme instead.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

JustinZ

Quote from: Gary on July 07, 2021, 04:30:37 AM
If you're uploading them into your theme's directory, then they would report as out of date, since you're actually supposed to upload them into the default theme's language directory.

Any language and template file that your theme does not have automatically falls back to using that of the default theme instead.

The language packs linked above come as compressed files there are laid out like so:
Themes
- core
-- images
-- languages
-- images
-- languages

This is how they are provided.

Advertisement: