News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

stop forum spam uninstall for upgrade missing

Started by phishinfool, July 11, 2021, 11:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishinfool

Trying to upgrade the stop forum spam on http://www.lapidaryforum.net, but the link in package manager is not there.
any help in how to uninstall without crashing my forums?

Lately was innundated with spiders or (?) crashing my site due to overloading the server bandwith.
Support helped me block at server level and better now, but i noticed SFS is outdated and now i cant uninstall it to install new version.

Sir Osis around anymore?

shadav

you should post in the mod's support thread
I'm assuming this is the mod: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=279621.0

if you are unable to uninstall the mod via package manager due to other mods that you installed you could try on the mod page press the parse button for the version of smf you are using and then go through one by one/line by line and change things back
so where it says find would actually be what you are replacing and where it says add after/add before/replace would be what you are trying to find, though again yours may be different due to other mods you installed

if you need further help then please do post in the mods support thread

Shambles

Yes, post in the mod's support thread. The uninstall link is probably missing because the actual mod package isn't in your packages folder.

lurkalot

Quote from: Shambles on July 11, 2021, 12:43:40 PM
Yes, post in the mod's support thread. The uninstall link is probably missing because the actual mod package isn't in your packages folder.

Or perhaps because of this in the package-info file in the stop forum spam mod.

<install for="2.0 - 2.99.99">
<uninstall for="2.*">

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Sorry, lost my net service for couple days.  Just had a look, package manager is not seeing stop forum spam mod.  You have 5 other mods installed, wouldn't be a big deal to upload clean files and reinstall the ones you need.  Would clean up the install.  Have you contacted Crocweb support about bandwidth issues?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

phishinfool

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 11, 2021, 11:32:32 PM
Sorry, lost my net service for couple days.  Just had a look, package manager is not seeing stop forum spam mod.  You have 5 other mods installed, wouldn't be a big deal to upload clean files and reinstall the ones you need.  Would clean up the install.  Have you contacted Crocweb support about bandwidth issues?

yes, we worked it out. was a DOS attack so they instructed me to watch bots and block one by one on server side. They also added code to a small file (cant remember name) blocking their access.

phishinfool

still have no idea on how to get the uninstall link activated. no option to remove SFS for reinstalling new one.

Advertisement: