News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Is there a faster way to write warnings?

Started by Yoksven, July 12, 2021, 11:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoksven

One of my moderators is used to vbulletin's way of how the reports works (I'm not a moderator myself, and I don't know either smf or vbulletin moderator features, so correct me if i'm saying something wrong here). He is saying that vbulletin has a button on every post next to "report to moderator" that moderators can use to write a warning and it automatically adds the link to the post that a person got a warning for. In SMF, he says, he has to go to the profile, write a warning there and add a link by hand, and that's a lot slower, especially when there's an active argument going on and he has to settle things quickly.

I've looked through the mods related to reports and warnings, and I didn't find anything exactly like that. The only two that maybe can be helpful aren't compatible with 2.1 (and I've "bricked" SMF installation with installing in emulation mode before, so I'm wary of it) and I'm not even sure how helpful they will be.

I'll appreciate any info on this. Whether it's a mod that can help or some other way to speed this up.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

On the right hand side, at the bottom of the post - there's a small icon . If you click that icon, you are taken directly to the warnings -page for the user that posted that message.
No prefilled info on the form though, if you want a link - you need to copy/paste the link. What I like to do, is click the icon with my middle mouse button - which for me, opens it directly in a new tab. Pretty easy.

EDIT: Actually, sorry - I was answering based on 2.0.
In 2.1 it is in the quick menu of the post - right below "Report to moderator".
The reports and warnings are two different functions, and intended for different uses - so they are not combined.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SpacePhoenix

A few years ago, when acting as a mod on a vBulletin install, we had a "canned replies" mod, where you could select a pre-written reply/message. I've no idea if any similar mods exist for any versions of SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

We actually have a mod like that in use here, but I'm not sure that is what the OP is looking for.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

For the email warnings that is a default feature.

Advertisement: