News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Merge double posts

Started by Bugo, July 16, 2021, 04:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Link to the mod

Do you want to prevent double posts from users? Just install this modification.

To change settings, go to Admin -> Modification Settings -> Auto-merge posts.

Features
  • Custom note on post merging
  • On/off merging for selected membergroups
  • On/off merging for liked or unapproved posts

Translations

Shambles

maximus23

Quote from: Shambles on July 16, 2021, 05:26:50 PM
What's a "double post" ?
To merge messages posted too quickly.

:)
Pas de support par PM ou Courrier...Veuillez utiliser le forum pour vous avoir une réponse rapide à votre demande d'aide. Merci.
Amitiés et à Bientôt...
No support by PM or Mail...You will get better and faster responses in the support forums. Thank you.
Have a nice day...

Shambles

What defines "too quickly" ?

live627

Quote from: Shambles on July 16, 2021, 05:26:50 PM
What's a "double post" ?
I make two successive posts in a row in the same thread.

Shambles

So this will prevent post-bumping?

Steve

It can, depending on how you set it up.
DO NOT pm me for support!

gevv

Hi,

Very useful mod thanks. The new members are so impatient :)
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

pikeman

Something is not working properly. The mode combines messages from the same author even though they are not one after the other. I write a message, someone writes after me, after that I write a message again and the mode merges my two messages into one even though they are not written in a row.

Bugo

pikeman

It's working properly now, thank you. :)

gevv

Hi,

Turkish translation
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

gevv

Hi,

There is a problem;  Permissions for post count based groups if enabled, Admin's post are merged.  (no admin selected in merge double posts settings)

alex_cipher

There is a problem with the merged posts, because the second post is merged to the other but the second one won't get deleted.

alex_cipher

Quote from: alex_cipher on April 17, 2022, 04:56:54 AMThere is a problem with the merged posts, because the second post is merged to the other but the second one won't get deleted.
Hello?

Bugo

Hello! I couldn't reproduce your problem.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Topic cleaned. Sorry for the mess Bugo.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Bugo

Quote from: alex_cipher on April 17, 2022, 04:56:54 AMThere is a problem with the merged posts, because the second post is merged to the other but the second one won't get deleted.
I have tested all the mods from your list except My Given Likes (I could not find it on the mods site). If you have further information on your issue though, I'd be glad to investigate. That would help with preventing issues that other users may have with the mod in the future.

Darkness7148

Are there any plans to allow moderators to manually merge posts? Like the other mod.

Darknico

Added italian translation  ;)

Quote from: Darkness7148 on May 11, 2022, 06:51:04 AMAre there any plans to allow moderators to manually merge posts?

It is a good idea :D
Italian SMF - Supporto Italiano per la board SMF - Ci trovate tutti li!! :)

Bugo

The idea is good, but we still haven't solved the issue from the post #13.

jsx

@Bugo

Thank you so much for this great mod. If you can ever implement a feature to manually merge posts it would be great to have that. This old mod has such a function.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1523

jsx

@Bugo

What do you think about the idea of adding a feature to manually merge posts?

Bugo

Quote from: jsx on November 13, 2022, 06:47:55 AMWhat do you think about the idea of adding a feature to manually merge posts?
Quote from: Bugo on May 11, 2022, 10:17:36 PMThe idea is good, but we still haven't solved the issue from the post #13.

jsx

I do not understand this issue mentioned by alex_cipher

I created a post, then I created a second one, and third one, and the last two merged with the first one.

jsx

Hi @Bugo what about this idea? It's been a long time and the topic has stopped.

Quote from: jsx on November 13, 2022, 06:47:55 AMWhat do you think about the idea of adding a feature to manually merge posts?

Quote from: Bugo on May 11, 2022, 10:17:36 PMThe idea is good, but we still haven't solved the issue from the post #13.

Quote from: jsx on November 14, 2022, 03:15:41 AMI do not understand this issue mentioned by alex_cipher

I created a post, then I created a second one, and third one, and the last two merged with the first one.

Bugo

I will try to implement this feature in the near future, despite the fact that this mod has no likes, no sponsors, and the number of downloads is less than 1000 :)

jsx

It's not because people don't need this mod, I think there are still a lot of people using forum 2.0, but it's well known that Facebook has contributed to killing forums. People have moved to Facebook pages. So the forums have lost of their importance. This mod is great, it's needed on the forum and I can't imagine not having such a modification on the 2.0 or 2.1 forum.

I'd like to leave one more suggestion for you to consider regarding the possibility of disabling post merging in a particular board.

Bugo

Since at the moment I have not been able to implement this without hooks, I will post the manual merge as a separate add-on for this modification. So far I did as in the pictures below, by analogy with the other buttons quick moderation. Any user with post separation permissions will also be able to manual merge posts.

jsx

Thank you for creating this feature for the "Merge double posts" modification. It would be nice to have a Merge posts button next to the Quote, Quick Edit buttons, but I understand it's a complicated to implement this.

jsx

Hello @Bugo

I noticed that this mod changes the main topic name, example: Test topic to Re: Test topic, when the author adds a message to the topic and that message is merged.

pecado

hey @Bugo
thank you for you plugin, it helps me a lot.
but there is the behavior I would like to suggest to change.

if 2nd post contains attachment and it's been merged - attachment is removed with error message included into merged one, like "there is no message connected with this attachment".
It looks like solution should be simply - during merge process it may be necessary to evaluate attachments and correct id_msg to this related with "doubled" post.
Could you take a look, please?

Bugo

Interesting task, thanks. I'll definitely look into it!

pecado

Quote from: Bugo on January 04, 2024, 05:44:19 AMInteresting task, thanks. I'll definitely look into it!
Fix in v0.5 works as expected, thank you a lot!

Advertisement: