News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Credits in 2.1 RC4

Started by wintstar, July 25, 2021, 09:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wintstar

Are the software specifications still up to date, safe and usable for the current mobile devices?
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/blob/release-2.1/Sources/Who.php#L826-L843

QuotehoverIntent | © Brian Cherne | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Website of the author => http://cherne.net/
Project on Github => https://github.com/briancherne/jquery-hoverIntent
Last release v1.10.1 on 5 Oct 2019

QuoteanimaDrag | © Abel Mohler | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Website is not available

QuotejQuery Custom Scrollbar | © Maciej Zubala | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Last release on Github 0.5.5  on 7 Oct 2013

QuotejQuery Responsive Slider | © booncon ROCKETS | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Last release on Github v1.4.0 on 7 Oct 2016

QuoteAt.js | © [email protected] | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Last release on Github v1.5.4 on 11 Jun 2017

QuoteHTML5 Desktop Notifications | © Tsvetan Tsvetkov | Licensed under The Apache License Version 2.0
This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.
Last release on Github 3.0.0 on 19 Sep 2016

QuoteGAuth Code Generator/Validator | © Chris Cornutt | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Last release on Github 0.4 on 12 Sep 2016

QuotePHP-Punycode | © True B.V. | Licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Last release on Github v2.1.1 on 16 Nov 2016

Maybe one or another obsolete software is no longer used, then it should be removed from the list.  Outdated software smacks of being insecure to some. May also not make a good impression. Perhaps after the release of 2.1 in the coming versions, attention can be paid to the external software used and one or the other can be replaced with newer software.
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

shadav

eh in my opinion... if it ain't broke don't fix it
just because they may be older scripts doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with them or any security issues and if there were then yes they would be fixed and or replaced.

as far as if smf is using the most current versions of these, sorry I couldn't tell you but I would assume so or the smf devs have updated them themselves.

wintstar

Quote from: shadav on July 25, 2021, 11:10:18 AM
eh in my opinion... if it ain't broke don't fix it
just because they may be older scripts doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with them or any security issues and if there were then yes they would be fixed and or replaced.

as far as if smf is using the most current versions of these, sorry I couldn't tell you but I would assume so or the smf devs have updated them themselves.

Then a note from the developers that the older software itself is supported and updated should be added in credits.
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."

Antechinus

TBH the HoverIntent plug-in could be replaced by CSS transitions these days. Not that keeping it is likely to do any harm, but it's not really required anymore as long as the CSS is handled appropriately. I can't see the devs wanting to screw with things at this stage (RC4) but any admin could remove it if they felt like it.

wintstar

Quote from: Antechinus on July 25, 2021, 08:18:25 PM
TBH the HoverIntent plug-in could be replaced by CSS transitions these days. Not that keeping it is likely to do any harm, but it's not really required anymore as long as the CSS is handled appropriately. I can't see the devs wanting to screw with things at this stage (RC4) but any admin could remove it if they felt like it.

Quote from: wintstar on July 25, 2021, 09:42:52 AMPerhaps after the release of 2.1 in the coming versions, attention can be paid to the external software used and one or the other can be replaced with newer software.

After the release of 2.1 it would be good if the developers could replace the outdated software with newer, maybe better ones.
Regards Stephan

@rjen

If these add-ins work and have no security issues, what's the point?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Advertisement: