News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Just some things I miss, finding RC4 here this morning.

Started by Grammy, August 17, 2021, 06:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

It was changed here via admin, but per my screenshot there's no input field to select anything different from default forever.  That's a clean install from today's github package.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Antechinus

I've just been looking through the RC4 CSS. There's a lot of stuff that could be cleaned up, and so far I'm only halfway through index.css. It even contains some decalrations for deprecated classes. Some stuff for the same elements is in different parts of the file. Some things are more verbose and/or more specific than they need to be (a PITA for customising). Shades of 2.0.x. :P

How much do the devs want this thing cleaned up before Final?

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Antechinus on August 20, 2021, 09:40:43 PMI've just been looking through the RC4 CSS. There's a lot of stuff that could be cleaned up, and so far I'm only halfway through index.css. It even contains some decalrations for deprecated classes. Some stuff for the same elements is in different parts of the file. Some things are more verbose and/or more specific than they need to be (a PITA for customising). Shades of 2.0.x. :P

How much do the devs want this thing cleaned up before Final?

I say clean it up as much as you can, but I'm also not on the dev team :P
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Antechinus

Yeah I didn't want to scare them by opening a lot of issues when their milestone is looking so pretty. :P

Although seriously, since it is RC4 right now, you could argue that anything that won't break functionality should be left alone. That's basically why I was asking.

Antechinus

Quote from: Oldiesmann on August 22, 2021, 08:35:12 PMI say clean it up as much as you can, but I'm also not on the dev team :P
Been having fun (ha!) finding lotsa silly code and posting bug reports. I'm gonna blame you if the devs complain. :P

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Antechinus on August 29, 2021, 01:14:47 AM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on August 22, 2021, 08:35:12 PMI say clean it up as much as you can, but I'm also not on the dev team :P
Been having fun (ha!) finding lotsa silly code and posting bug reports. I'm gonna blame you if the devs complain. :P

I thought we were still blaming Grudge for everything :P
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: