News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Where is the main menu on Curve? Help, Search, Admin, Moderate, Profile etc

Started by JustForFun, August 19, 2021, 08:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

No idea right now. Can you attach a copy of your index.css please?

Antechinus

Ok, and you are saying that does not put the Home button over at the right side?

Because that is what the test case was. I don't know how many buttons you have in your menu, so I can't choose the right order number to put something last. You'll have to count them and do it yourself, or tell me how many buttons you have and what order they are in by default.

JustForFun

Quote from: Antechinus on August 23, 2021, 01:29:15 PMOk, and you are saying that does not put the Home button over at the right side?

Because that is what the test case was. I don't know how many buttons you have in your menu, so I can't choose the right order number to put something last. You'll have to count them and do it yourself, or tell me how many buttons you have and what order they are in by default.

That's correct.. The script that you gave me doesn't change the position of the Home Button.

Antechinus

Ok, I'll need to be hooked up to a live example of the problem. Can't really diagnose it like this.

Antechinus

Ok, just tried that code live on your site (via Stylus). It works as it should. So, I'm not sure why it won't work in your index.css. You can try adding !important to the code. I normally avoid that if possible (too many people use it without thinking) but it may work here.

#menu_nav {
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
}
.dropmenu li {
    float: none !important;
}
#button_home {
    order: 9;
    margin-left: auto;
}

JustForFun

Quote from: Antechinus on August 23, 2021, 08:27:09 PMOk, just tried that code live on your site (via Stylus). It works as it should. So, I'm not sure why it won't work in your index.css. You can try adding !important to the code. I normally avoid that if possible (too many people use it without thinking) but it may work here.

#menu_nav {
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
}
.dropmenu li {
    float: none !important;
}
#button_home {
    order: 9;
    margin-left: auto;
}

Okay, it has been replaced with this code.

Still no go. I'm starting to think that it might be best to blow that board down and reinstall since I didn't have any success with using the third party theme's that I have installed. Maybe they screwed up the default programing some how.

Antechinus

shadav

are you using the minify css and js option?
are you adding it to the theme you are using's css file?
after adding it do you clear your browser cache and then hard refresh your site ctrl+f5?
you said you're not using cloudflare but is your host/server using some cache?
do you have cache settings on smf?

shadav

Quote from: Antechinus on August 23, 2021, 08:55:32 PMThis is 2.0.x. No minify option. ;)
:-[  :laugh: missed that somewhere in the discussion
well one less thing to worry about then  :P

Advertisement: