Mod <search position="after"> and <search position="before"> are reversed bug!?

Started by NightWolve, August 25, 2021, 09:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

I dunno what caused this, I tried uninstalling recent mods (no help), but I ran into a bug trying to maintain my global mod package (am running SMF 2.0.18)... I have to flip 'before' and 'after' values for the search position in order for it to behave correctly...   :-[

<file name="$themedir/Register.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[// Before showing users a]]></search>

<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[$txt['required_info']]]></search>

The SMF mod installer will report it will add the changes before the search text...

Kindred

I'm not sure exactly what you mean....   

search position before means add the code AFTER the searched position (because the searched code is before the target position

Search position after means add the code BEFORE the searched position
(Because the searched code is after the searched position)

This is entirely correct and expected
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NightWolve

Thank you, it's been a while since I updated it... The forum software reports it more intuitively when you actually go install it, you have to remember to think in opposite terms when writing the XML with your PHP code...

I almost had a freak out, thought it was previous mods I messed with to patch the birthday and &quot; string bugs...

Feel free to delete this thread, thanks again! 

Advertisement: