News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Autumn

Started by shawnb61, September 16, 2022, 05:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

-Rock Lee-

I guess seeing the theme at 2 tomorrow is not good xD I'd better sleep and tomorrow I'll see that I'm going blind hahaha it also seems very easily editable to adapt to tastes, great job ;D @shawnb61.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

shawnb61

One thing I wanted to highlight is the flexibility of the color assignment.  The goal was to provide 100% user control of the colors - without having to edit a single line of .css or a template.  My recent set of 4 themes are all based on the same framework. 

So...

Using the Current Theme form alone, you can completely change Autumn (a light theme) => Cotton Candy (a light theme) => Starflight (a dark theme) => Blue Mood (a dark theme) => back to Autumn.  Color selections are used throughout, in the forum banner, editor, calendar, etc. 

The only differences across the four themes are the animations and the default colors.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

v1.1 released.  Minor tweak to allow control of new SMF 2.1.4 attachment UI colors.

Dave J

Hi Shawn

I picked this as one of a number of themes for my members to choose for the board. When I go to my test site to look at it the fan on my graphics card increases quite considerably.

My best guess is that it's the animation that's causing it.

My graphics is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER so it's not a lightweight card

Is there a way to decrease the load on the machine?

I should add that it doesn't do it with the Cotton Candy theme.

Update: For the time being I've removed requestAnimationFrame(anim); from the theme.js file
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

shawnb61

There is a user-specified "Disable animations" option under Profile | Look and Layout.  That's for users who for some reason the animation is choppy or problematic.

I suspect your fan settings are overly sensitive.  Might try a different cooling profile there, instead.  Sounds like it thinks any graphics is a game.  The graphics load of this theme is a tiny fraction of that of a game.

Dave J

Quote from: shawnb61 on October 19, 2023, 10:21:38 AMThere is a user-specified "Disable animations" option under Profile | Look and Layout.  That's for users who for some reason the animation is choppy or problematic.

I suspect your fan settings are overly sensitive.  Might try a different cooling profile there, instead.  Sounds like it thinks any graphics is a game.  The graphics load of this theme is a tiny fraction of that of a game.

Thank Shawn, I'll look into the settings and my card
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

shawnb61

Latest version uploaded - 1.4 - addresses a couple minor bugs.

Advertisement: