News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Slow preview

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, September 03, 2021, 10:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Thought this was fixed, just got another 20 sec page load for quick reply preview, after which page would not scroll normally.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

The preview is a bit slow every now and then, I've noticed as well. But it hasn't failed me yet, which is good.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Antechinus

Quick edit is not working for me at all on Firefox/W10.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 03, 2021, 10:47:13 PMThought this was fixed, just got another 20 sec page load for quick reply preview, after which page would not scroll normally.
I've given up using preview on this forum because it usually takes anywhere from 1 to 2 minutes to display even a simple message (ie, less than 1,000 characters, some BBcode, no links or images) - much quicker to simply post the message (which happens almost instantly) and then edit it if necessary ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Sir Osis of Liver

It's an intermittent problem, been working normally for a while, got another slow load earlier today.  Server issue?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: