News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Errors updating to last_commit_12d1264

Started by SethStudent, December 06, 2021, 11:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SethStudent

I just updated to last_commit_12d1264, hoping it would fix "Insert an image" which was not working. After the update I got more than 100 of these errors. Every time I clicked on a link in my site such as a topic or even Admin, more errors. Otherwise the site seemed to be ok.

For now I've restored the files and db to the way it was before the update. Any idea what happened? It was in Maintenance Mode during the update. Php is 7.3.33, MySQL is 10.3.32

Type of error
General
Error message
2: mysqli_affected_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, bool given
File
/...Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line
URL of page causing the error
https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?action=profile;area=alerts_popup;counter=0;u=1
Backtrace information

#0: smf_error_handler()
    Called from unknown on line -1
    #1: mysqli_affected_rows()
    Called from ...l/speakingofseth/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 513
    #2: smf_db_affected_rows()
    Called from .../speakingofseth/Sources/Session.php on line 242
    #3: sessionGC()
    Called from unknown on line -1
    #4: session_start()
    Called from ..../speakingofseth/Sources/Session.php on line 81
    #5: loadSession()
    Called from ...speakingofseth/index.php on line 184

Kindred

??  I never had "insert an image" fail.

I'll look at that error....  but I have not seen that either
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Diego Andrés

Did you properly update/replace all of your files?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

SethStudent

UPDATE: It seems Insert image is working now, so I'm going to leave things as they are. Thanks for the help!

Quote from: Kindred on December 06, 2021, 01:29:29 PM??  I never had "insert an image" fail.

Members (and I) could not get images to appear using the button in the editor (attachments work fine). It would just show the BBCode and the url, or nothing at all. I came here to make a new support topic about it last week, inserted an image into my draft, and saw that it was working on SMF. So I figured I just needed to update to the latest version, and ditched the new support topic.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on December 06, 2021, 03:13:19 PMDid you properly update/replace all of your files?

Yes, I used FileZilla to transfer all of the files to the server (no failed transfers), and then ran the updater. No problems with any of that until I noticed all the errors. BTW I was able to successfully "Insert an image" after the update.  :)

Advertisement: