News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Themes Missing thumbnails

Started by Methen, September 20, 2021, 03:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methen

There is a whole lot of themes that are missing their thumbnails so you have no ideal what the heck you are downloading could someone go through them and fix the problem
Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!

Arantor

The themes missing their thumbnails are because the original theme maker did not add one.

Mick.

Quote from: Arantor on September 20, 2021, 03:48:16 PMThe themes missing their thumbnails are because the original theme maker did not add one.
That many?

Methen

Quote from: Mick. on September 20, 2021, 03:49:31 PM
Quote from: Arantor on September 20, 2021, 03:48:16 PMThe themes missing their thumbnails are because the original theme maker did not add one.
That many?
Yea a great many of them just keep going from page to page and you will see what I mean

Methen

Well that make no sense it would seem to me that if a person wanted people to use their theme they would have included a thumbnail.

Mick.

I did saw. I think that just happened today. It wasn't like this yesterday

Antechinus

Nope. I did notice that my old Curve variants were missing one, but I did include it and it was displayed for years. It's just a glitch with the new Customize Site being a bit beta. :)

Arantor

Well, there's the themes that didn't have one, the themes whose thumbnails were lost to time, and whatever the theme site is doing XD

Methen

I counted 33 alone just with in the first 10 pages

Diego Andrés

I think it's the only remaining issue we have related to thumbnails and images in the cust site.
Coincidentally, most of those have the thumbnail named "thumbnail.extension" so could be some legacy code broke em?

Anyways it's been logged for a while but no promises

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Methen

I counted around 190 give or take when you get pass page 40 they really start to get bad

Antechinus

I just tried upping a new thumb to replace the old one, but it didn't work. The file uploaded, but with an incorrect byte count, and I couldn't select it for display.

Methen

Quote from: Antechinus on September 20, 2021, 09:31:39 PMI just tried upping a new thumb to replace the old one, but it didn't work. The file uploaded, but with an incorrect byte count, and I couldn't select it for display.
yep this site has got bugs...

Steve

Quote from: Methen on September 20, 2021, 09:35:35 PMyep this site has got bugs...

Did you miss this bit?

Quote from: Antechinus on September 20, 2021, 03:55:33 PMIt's just a glitch with the new Customize Site being a bit beta. :)

@ Methen: We know it has bugs as it's still not a final release and it's being worked on.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: