News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

One account, one login.

Started by nickw, September 20, 2021, 06:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickw

Hello,

I noticed that the time online of one of the members on my forum was going up faster than actual time. They also seem to answer and respond to their own posts so I'm guessing there are multiple users using the same login, either by VPN or within the same house as it's the same IP.

Is there any way / mod available to have one login per account at the same time? And throw the other one  out if another login is detected?

Thanks in anticipation.

Arantor

Can you give us a link to the posts of this person? It may be a bot rather than a real person - which would normally imply banning and implementing antispam measures rather than changing the login system.

nickw

Try this...

hxxp:pol-tics.com/united-kingdom-politics/2/a-general-election/4096/msg72381#msg72381 [nonactive]

Has been a member for a couple of years though.

Shambles

There is no SMF copyright signature in your forum, which I'd expect to see there... Usually, this means you know enough about the software to not require assistance...

nickw

Quote from: Shambles on September 20, 2021, 06:43:09 PMThere is no SMF copyright signature in your forum, which I'd expect to see there... Usually, this means you know enough about the software to not require assistance...

No, when I installed an SMFPacks mod it disappeared. The SMFPacks one is there.

Arantor

If the SMF copyright weren't enough of a problem, the fact that the SMF Packs one isn't actually visible unless you examine the source code is more of a problem.

Not to mention that the subject matter makes me feel deeply uncomfortable.

However in the spirit of charitability I will point out that nothing on the link you provided behaves the way you describe; none of the posters are quoting themselves or apparently replying to themselves, and all indications are that you have people who are enthusiastic refreshers which can skew the online figures since that's a fundamental limitation of how the web works. If you're worried about it, ban them for violating your terms of service?

Steve

Locking. No further assistance will be provided until the copyright is restored.

I have multiple SMFPacks mods installed and they do not remove the copyright.

If you need help doing that, please start a new topic saying so.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: