News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Apostrophe issue in posts

Started by Dazed, September 23, 2021, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazed

So, running 2.0.18, yet I actually could verify it... Current addon packages are;

Mod Name   Version   
1.   SMF Gallery Lite   6.0d
2.   SMF 2.0.18 Update   0.1.0
3.   TinyPortal   2.1.0   
4.   Simple Audio Video Embedder   6.0.4

I attempted to edit an old post that was displayed as I (some unreadable symbols) m .

The word was originally "I'm" but altered. When I attempted to correct the issue the result was "I" with the remainder of the sentence gone.

If I type in the same sentence using "I am" the sentence is fine. I am assuming something was corrupted during the hosting more. Install is using pvp 7.4 FastCGI.

Any suggestions on where to look for a fix?

GL700Wing

If you're using the WYSIWYG editor try disabling it and then edit the post to see if that resolves the issue ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dazed

Quote from: GL700Wing on September 23, 2021, 05:51:44 PMIf you're using the WYSIWYG editor try disabling it and then edit the post to see if that resolves the issue ...

Its working but where it seems to have failed was only on my IPAD. Desktop and phone are fine.

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 23, 2021, 06:16:08 PMIs database utf8?

utf8_bin

Sir

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know if it would make a difference, but SMF usually installs utf8 as utf8_general_ci.  Could be a problem with the ipad browser.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Dazed

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 23, 2021, 07:12:22 PMDon't know if it would make a difference, but SMF usually installs utf8 as utf8_general_ci.  Could be a problem with the ipad browser.

Thats what I am thinking but clearly I need to test more. Ive been on the desktop the last hour without issue. Getting moved has been a struggle but thankfully most things are good. Just some odd things these days with everything. Another thing I found is different in the type of collation. Not sure it matters but then I only know the basics of databases as well.

Dazed

So it's definitely something with the iPad when trying to post. It's odd as I am using the same browser other than the obvious fact one is android based and the other is iPad compatible. As long as it's not likely a forum issue I can carry on.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: