News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

front end of smf

Started by camefromwpandmybb, September 23, 2021, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camefromwpandmybb

what is smf using for the front end of this site? is it wp and a wp theme? also minus the helpdesk, what mods are being used in the current rc4 here?

thanks
i hate wordpress, vanilla, mybb and phpbb

shadav

na pretty much everything on the smf site (not the forum) is all custom made

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Basically, the frontend for simplemachines.org is SMF, and for this site it has been heavily expanded upon with custom coded functionality - not too different to what you could build yourself with SMF and a portal mod of your choosing, just in this case purpose built for us here.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

as for mods.... I think, basically, the only mod other than helpdesk is the "topic solved" mod.

With the exception of the wiki and the customize site (which is a whole 'nother set of scripts) everything else on the site is custom pages -- if it shared SMF information, it's pulling it from the SMF database by query or API.

basically, as Lex said, the front page could be duplicated by pretty much any portal mod
The individual sub pages are just data-pulls
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gary

Quote from: Kindred on September 24, 2021, 11:46:28 AMLex said, the front page could be duplicated by pretty much any portal mod

Or some basic use of SSI.php :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: