member note paid mod

Started by tareko, September 20, 2021, 04:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tareko

i need a mod that I can add notes for members. i have seen the notepad mods but that is not what I am looking for. what i need is for myself and my other 2 admins to have a link in the acp where we can select a member and add a note. then we can view all notes. i need it only for the acp and not to enter notes in their profiles. this is for admins eyes only. my budget for this is 50 bucks.

Illori

can you use the warning system? you dont need to increase the warning level to issue a warning and leave a note in the users profile. just make sure the user cannot see their warnings.

tareko

if i use that my other staff will see it. i want only me and my other admin to add notes for members. i see a note system in the moderation center btw but i do not see one in the admin panel for smf 2.1. rc4. am i missing it or it does not have one?

Arantor

Make a custom field, set it to only admin can see it?

tareko

Quote from: Arantor on September 20, 2021, 05:17:53 PMMake a custom field, set it to only admin can see it?

thanks for the suggestion arantor. how will that work? i want it pair it with members names. does smf 2.1.rc4 have a note system for admins in acp built in btw?

Kindred

no. "admin notes" is not a feature we have added to the core.

As for custom profile fields -- since the fields are associated with the specific account... yes, adding a CPF which is viewable by admin only means that it will be associated with that specific account.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shades.

Quote from: tareko on September 20, 2021, 05:22:33 PM
Quote from: Arantor on September 20, 2021, 05:17:53 PMMake a custom field, set it to only admin can see it?

thanks for the suggestion arantor. how will that work? i want it pair it with members names. does smf 2.1.rc4 have a note system for admins in acp built in btw?
As Arantor suggested works for me. I have uploaded an example screenshot. I just created a profile field and put it under Forum Profile>Account Settings and set the permissions to "This field is on viewable by Admins".
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

tareko

that will do nicely. thanks.

Advertisement: