News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade 2.0.18 to 2.1RC4 - stuck at 7%. (Yep, this again)

Started by landyvlad, September 27, 2021, 07:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I made a copy of my live forum. (including database under different name)
Fixed all links etc and it was running properly as a stand alone test forum.

I then deleted most of the boards so I'd have a smaller forum to work with for the test 2.1 upgrade.
Was working fine

I uploaded the new set of files (nightly upgrade) from: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451

ran upgrade.php and...

at Step 3 backup.
It's sitting at 4% total, 7% step
Time Elapsed: 140 mins, 35 seconds.
You cannot view this attachment.

So yeah that's not right shouldn't be taking anywhere near this long !

What to do?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Diego Andrés

There's no attachments-save table, is that from a mod, or?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Kindred

meh....  do your own back up --- and the SKIP the "make a backup" part of the upgrader.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

How can I skip that part?  There doesn't seem to be any option to do so when running upgrade.php
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

landyvlad

Kustomuk

This happened to me too,....I just kept refreshing my browser and it just carried on from where it left off until installed.

:)

Dazed

I did an upgrade to my "forum" to the RC version tonight. Understand that I dabble with this and do not have a huge forum nor anything special. I have TinyPortal, a Gallery addon, and Simple Audio Video Embedder as addons.

So at first I had around 53,000 errors. Yes that number is correct. Yet, everything eventually went to normal.So, now we test. I have the original forum backups and as I said, I have little traffic so its a good experiment.

The installer seemed to "stall" but while appearing to have done so it did not. Still buggy but moving forward at any rate.

Advertisement: