News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Calendar selection is not properly fitted

Started by Pyrhel, March 14, 2022, 09:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrhel

Hello,
While I was translating the forum, I found that the calendar selection does not properly fit when the week days are not in english:
You cannot view this attachment.

The strings are exactly the same length:
$txt['days_short'] = array('Нед', 'Пон', 'Вто', 'Сря', 'Чет', 'Пет', 'Съб');
$txt['days_short'] = array('Sun', 'Mon', 'Tue', 'Wed', 'Thu', 'Fri', 'Sat');

SMF VERSION: 2.1.1

Arantor

They're not the same length though. The Cyrillic letters on average are wider, similar to how w is wider than i in most sans-serif fonts, and the CSS just fits a fixed width in it.

Pyrhel

Hm, you're right, I didn't know that - it depends on the font - I checked what is used (Arial), pasted the translations in Word and format them into Arial, so here is the result - slightly longer string:
You cannot view this attachment.

Is the misfit of the calendar considered as a bug?

@rjen

I believe it's definitely something that's worth fixing. After all, SMF is available in many languages, and it should be prepared for these cases..
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yup, I'd call that a bug. Minor one, but a bug none the less.

Edit:
This has been tracked as #7401
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Max22

Speed King

Advertisement: