News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

feather

Started by Mick., October 03, 2021, 07:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Quote from: Mike66 on February 12, 2022, 05:17:21 PMWhat problem did the latest 2.1 version produce Mick?
The was changes on 2.1 templates CSS wise where feather was on rc3 template.

feather is a bit complex theme so is taking me a bit longer than expected.

Mike66

Oops, I guess I'm gonna lose all the edits I made in index.css for a personalised version.

Looking on the bright side, I'm starting to find my way round it  ;D

Dave J

Hi Mick,

There is an error also when trying to access the error log. It takes you there, then a pop up gives you alternatives but you cannot get out of that once there, even clicking on the close icon to the top right side.

This happens if there are errors or no errors but doesn't seem to produce an error

I should add that yours is not the only 2.1 theme to do this

See attached
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

mpcgferreira

Hello Mick, congrats for the theme. I have one problem with the theme and i need your help please. I get the windows that dont leave the screen. I try to close and nothing happens, if i try to choose any option dont work. If i choose mobile version everything work.

Mick.

Quote from: mpcgferreira on February 17, 2022, 07:49:22 AMHello Mick, congrats for the theme. I have one problem with the theme and i need your help please. I get the windows that dont leave the screen. I try to close and nothing happens, if i try to choose any option dont work. If i choose mobile version everything work.
Go to profile and select a diff theme. Then go to admin and change theme to everyone.

That because the theme is compatible with RC4. Not 2.1 final.

I am currently working on the update. I'm much done with it but I'm chasing one last pesky issue before release.

mpcgferreira

Quote from: Mick. on February 17, 2022, 08:06:54 AM
Quote from: mpcgferreira on February 17, 2022, 07:49:22 AMHello Mick, congrats for the theme. I have one problem with the theme and i need your help please. I get the windows that dont leave the screen. I try to close and nothing happens, if i try to choose any option dont work. If i choose mobile version everything work.
Go to profile and select a diff theme. Then go to admin and change theme to everyone.

That because the theme is compatible with RC4. Not 2.1 final.

I am currently working on the update. I'm much done with it but I'm chasing one last pesky issue before release.

Thanks for the quick reply. I wait then and if possible alert me when done please.

Mick.

Theme Updated to SMF 2.1 latest version.

Notable Changes: None.

Dave J

Thanks Mick it's working well
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Mike66

Downloaded thanks Mick, and installed on test site  8)

landyvlad

Mick in the are I'm using (below signature) for member's YT channels on YTyak.com  is there any way we can make those links clickable please?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

emilot

Hi,

The Quick Edit doesn't work at 2.1 SMF.

Thank you!

Dave J

Quote from: emilot on February 18, 2022, 08:07:57 AMHi,

The Quick Edit doesn't work at 2.1 SMF.

Thank you!

Yes I can confirm this

iandoug

Hi

I'm a total newbie, testing themes. I installed Feather which seemed to go ok (got a bunch of error about writing to default theme, for some reason, so I changed permissions to allow Group to write, group is nginx but may need to be "nobody").

Then I tried installing Peacock which did not produce any errors, but now I'm stuck here, can't close the dialogue or change the theme ... any ideas?

Thanks, Ian

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Multiple things there, how did you install the themes? Installing a theme shouldn't touch the default at all, so I'm a bit worried about that error message. Doesn't sound like an issue in the theme either.

Secondly, that menu issue looks like the version of the theme you have hasn't been updated for 2.1.x yet. Themes made for RC versions have that, or a very similar issue, when used on the later released versions.

You may be able to bypass that issue temporarily by going to index.php?theme=1
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

iandoug

Quote from: Aleksi on February 20, 2022, 03:19:36 AMMultiple things there, how did you install the themes? Installing a theme shouldn't touch the default at all, so I'm a bit worried about that error message. Doesn't sound like an issue in the theme either.

Secondly, that menu issue looks like the version of the theme you have hasn't been updated for 2.1.x yet. Themes made for RC versions have that, or a very similar issue, when used on the later released versions.

You may be able to bypass that issue temporarily by going to index.php?theme=1

Thanks for quick response, your hint worked.

Theme version is
<version>1.0</version>
<!-- Install for, the SMF versions this theme was designed for. Uses the same wildcards used in the packager manager. This field is mandatory. -->
<install for="2.1 - 2.1.99, 2.1 RC4" />

Installed from .zip file via the theme install page. Running locally.

Have switched back to default theme for now. There does not seem to be an "uninstall theme" function ... or maybe that is elsewhere.

Really terrible captures used here.</rant> v looks like c....

Thanks, Ian

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You can remove themes from Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and layout -> Theme Settings

Since 2.1.99 hasn't been released yet, I would say that is a likely mistake by the theme author and should be brought up with them.

P.S.
Sorry about the captcha, it will go away after some posts.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mick.

Theme updated.

Fixed issues:

-Images not centering when using bbc center tag.
-bbc strong tag not making text bold.

landyvlad

Is the quick edit issue fixed Mick?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Dave J

Quote from: landyvlad on February 20, 2022, 05:55:35 PMIs the quick edit issue fixed Mick?

No that still doesn't work I'm afraid

Mick.

How are you using quick edit?  It seem to be working for me on FF and Chrome.

Advertisement: