News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't login

Started by cybercrypt13, October 13, 2021, 08:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybercrypt13

I have upgraded my site to latest version but am getting error:

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

What might be causing this?

Thanks,

Glenn

Kindred

What do you mean by "latest version"?

However,  delete the cookies from your browser
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cybercrypt13

Sorry, figured you'd know what latest version is but 2.0.18.

This is not a browser problem because everyone is having same issue.  When they login they get the error I listed above.  So assume it is something on the site itself, just not sure what is causing it.

Thanks,

Glenn

Shambles

Quote from: cybercrypt13 on October 14, 2021, 07:18:15 AMSorry, figured you'd know what latest version is but 2.0.18.

Thing is, you posted in the 2.1.x Support section so the question that was asked was which version of 2.1.x are you running.

cybercrypt13

btw:  I would like to run the beta version but don't see how you can upgrade an existing site to it yet.  If that is possible where can I find that information?  I don't think it has anything at all to do with the login problem but just throwing out there.  I also see now that I opened this question in the wrong group.  Is it possible to move over there or should I just pose question again?

A few additional notes:  Ubuntu 20 and php8.0 are in use.

Thanks,

Glenn

cybercrypt13

So I had a url redirect in case someone entered the domain name without www in front of it.  This seems to have been what was causing this particular problem, however, now I am having a cookie problem so trying to figure that out.  I posted in the correct group with that question.

Glenn

Kindred

(also, "latest" is not a real version -- because not only did you post in the 2.1 section originally, but some folks may be working on a beta of 2.0.19 -- or may think that 2.0.15 is "latest" -- that's why we always ask for the actual version number)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

as a side note 2.0.18 is not made to work with php 8
2.0.18 is made to work with php 7.4

and no there's no way to upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1.x
1) because it's still in rc version
2) because you can't really upgrade, it would be a full upgrade replacing all files, as 2.0.x themes and mods will not work on 2.1.x, your database will upgrade and you won't lose any posts or anything there but the look and feel of the site would be set to default.

Shambles

Quote from: shadavas a side note 2.0.18 is not made to work with php 8
And if OP checks his/her PHP error logs, he/she will notice a huge influx of deprecation errors regarding the use of "optional parameter prefixes mandatory parameters", especially on some of the DB functions.

For 2.0.18, switch to PHP7.4 and no higher, for the time being.

Kindred

Well, to be clear -- there *IS* an upgrade path from 2.0.18 to 2.1 RC4.

It is the same upgrade path you would have to follow when 2.1 final is released. (that would be a "full upgrade", replacing all files and running upgrade.php)
There is no "patch upgrade" to go from 2.0.x to 2.1 and there will never be one.

The point about 2.1RC4 is the it is still in RC -- and upgrading from 2.1RC4 to 2.1 final will ALSO be a "full upgrade" with no patch available.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: