News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: Decrypt attachment files

Started by fishoaus, August 31, 2021, 07:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishoaus

Sir Osis of Liver, thank you for fixing my forum, I would of never worked out such a small edit would do that, if you lived close I would shout you a beer or 3, thank you again for that!

Shambles

Quote from: fishoaus... I would shout you a beer or 3 ...

Many people do, hence the name "Sir Osis of Liver"  8)

Sir Osis of Liver

Did someone mention beer?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 07, 2021, 06:12:39 PMDon't have remotest clue why original code was damaging attachments.

This sounds very similar to some earlier issues, in which stray whitespace characters were getting added to the bottom of attachments, corrupting them...  This was in turn caused by stray whitespace in the source code that had been added inadvertently.

One old example:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=3938086
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

But why would anything in index template affect file uploads, it's strictly presentation?  Did a hex dump on bad file, completely different from original file, but no whitespace up top.  And it loads normally in image editor.  If you look at attachments to my previous post, all the same image but second one was attached to post on OP's forum and d/led from attachment link.  It's normal in editor but won't display on his forum or here.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

fishoaus

if you can get a australian beer & like a dry beer if you can get it?, lol try tooheys extra dry top drop ;-)

Advertisement: