News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

incorrect file format 'smf_settings'

Started by sirfpsycho, October 14, 2021, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirfpsycho

Today I got error incorrect file format 'smf_settings' on my whole website. I tried to repair db but it does not work. Also in phpmyadmin if I click on any table then same error shows incorrect file format 'smf_settings'
I tried to repair 5-6 times but still it doesn't work.
I have restored my daily backup then forum is now running fine. As I restored yesterday backup so 24 hours data has been lost. Why it happened? I have wordpress website and other php website with sql on same server but those are fine. Only smf forum has this issue. Sometimes I saw db corrupt error on my website then I repair the db and website worked fine. but today this crap happened.
I want to know why it happened? and how can I prevent it in future so that my data can not be lost.

Kindred

sounds like something you need to ask your host...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sirfpsycho

Shambles

Sounds like the .frm file got corrupted.

Next time, execute query CHECK TABLE SMF_SETTINGS; within your mysql.

If it shows a corruption you can try to repair it using query REPAIR TABLE SMF_SETTINGS USE_FRM;

sirfpsycho

Now this error came:

Table 'smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /www/wwwroot/domain.com/Sources/Subs-MembersOnline.php
Line: 82

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.15. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Shambles

Well, repair it using the REPAIR TABLE query like above.

sirfpsycho

Quote from: Shambles on October 16, 2021, 09:03:10 AMWell, repair it using the REPAIR TABLE query like above.
After repairing it works but again it breaks. Why it happens? In above error I can see
Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.15. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Is it the reason? or how can I prevent crashing db? Other wordpress websites are running fine. Only smf gives these kinds of db crash. Please help.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You can safely and completely ignore the "Note:" -part of the error message. Not related, not relevant.
You may want to turn to your host, and let them know you are having repeated issues with database corruption - That usually indicates problems on the host side.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: